Windows gripe and a question

/ Windows gripe and a question #1  

reb

Veteran Member
Tractor
YM1500D
A couple of updates back it appears Microsoft deleted the games from my computer. After digging around I found what appears to be different versions of the same games. I attached them to my desktop and tried them out. The displays are different and the games differ somewhat. It is interesting the one of them seems to have saved the statistics from the earlier version. One of the games, Minesweeper, appears in the directory, but without a shortcut. A disturbing feature is that now whenever I play one of the games, a window pups up welcoming me to the Windows Media Center.

My computer uses Windows 7 Pro, 64 bit. SWMBO's laptop has the same OS. I usually update her OS whenever the automatic update program on mine indicates one is due. However, the last two times I tried, her computer indicated there were no outstanding updates. Why would that be?

/ Windows gripe and a question #2  
Trying to figure out Windows update issues can be frustrating because over the years the update function evolved as new versions of the OS were released. Options and features came and went, and MS policy shifted with each new CEO. Perhaps your wife's PC was already automatically updated and that would explain why the are no outstanding updates? I don't recall, but does Windows 7 update have a feature to review update history so you can determine what has actually been installed?

/ Windows gripe and a question
Windows 7 does have such a feature. I'll have to check. Thing is, I turned the laptop on (it had not been used for a while) and immediately checked for updates and there were none.