Will UAW Strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #771  
Heck where I work is so desperate for help they are hiring kids of out high school and they can make 6 figures their first year. Or they will pay for them to go thru school to be an electrician.

/ Will UAW Strike? #772  
Welp, the strike continues and the S&!t has started to roll downhill. Mandatory one-week furloughs at my employer (tier 1/2 supplier) due to our lost revenue so far.

UAW needs to climb down off the high horse and get closer to a deal. ASAP.
I should update this to add that I did not, in fact, get furloughed for a week. Our CEO and corporate leadership team got cold feet and decided not to crush our team-wide morale, haha.

/ Will UAW Strike? #773  
#1: There was a time when the NRA was almost a civilian training arm and #2:surplus military fire arms readily available through such sponsored training… my uncle said they had rifle club at his high school back in the 40’s and gun smithing was taught.

A lot of Dads friends left the service with their sidearms post WWII… no idea if legal or not back then???
#1: This is still what the NRA does. Most of the evil that whiny politicians ascribe to "the NRA" is more properly attributed to the NRA-ILA.

#2: Last I looked the CMP (Civilian Marksmanship Program) is still getting surplus military firearms into the hands of trained civilians.

/ Will UAW Strike? #774  
Appreciate the update...

Heard this morning some movement in Canada on strike?

/ Will UAW Strike? #776  
The UAW Wins Fight for Just Transition

Just Transition apparently an old term that I am hearing for the first time. Clearly by handling the EV evolution to China on a silver platter wrongs many Americans. I see the concern we make it a Just Transition.

In this era of falling of EV prices (my 2023 Tesla Model Y before any rebates is about $20K USD cheaper than it was 11 January 2023) I am starting wonder about the cause and effects of this strike on its membership.

This strike by design will drive up the ICE vehicles prices that are built by the former Big 3 greatly speeding up EV adoption by the Baby Boomers that are currently controlling the majority of USA wealth today.

I don't get how this windfall for Chinese EV makers is going to be a windfall for the former Big 3 employees?

/ Will UAW Strike? #777  
They didn't get anything but word salad. The robots aren't joining the union, yet.

/ Will UAW Strike? #779  
In this era of falling of EV prices (my 2023 Tesla Model Y before any rebates is about $20K USD cheaper than it was 11 January 2023) I am starting wonder about the cause and effects of this strike on its membership.

This strike by design will drive up the ICE vehicles prices that are built by the former Big 3 greatly speeding up EV adoption by the Baby Boomers that are currently controlling the majority of USA wealth today.
Not following your logic here. How does an auto strike by the Detroit 3 make EVs the only alternative? Anyone wishing to buy a new vehicle could (1) wait out the strike, (2) buy a vehicle that's already been built or (3) buy a vehicle made by a manufacturer not on strike.

Tesla lowered their prices because sales were soft, and 'most anyone willing to pay a premium for an EV already had done so.

/ Will UAW Strike? #780  
Tesla lowered their prices because sales were soft, and 'most anyone willing to pay a premium for an EV already had done so.
Exactly. I wonder how Gale feels about the devaluing of his Tesla actually. My BIL bought a Tesla when they first came out to the tune of 120 grand. Not for me. Never will be.

It was a tax deductible business expense for him and not a personal expense and I'm confident he wrote it off.