Will my tractor damage neighbor’s rototiller?

/ Will my tractor damage neighbor’s rototiller? #1  

devodad

Silver Member
Tractor
JOHN DEERE
Hi everyone. I have a fairly large JD utility tractor - 65hp with 55hp at the PTO. I need to rototill two areas that are each 1/2 to 3/4 ac. My neighbor offered me use of his new 4’ rototiller that he bought with a new JD 1025R, so pretty small. I’m just wondering if it would damage his rototiller to run it on my tractor. If the worst case scenario would possibly be a shear pin that probably wouldn’t be a big deal but I’m just afraid to take him on his offer and ruin his tiller. Any thoughts?

/ Will my tractor damage neighbor’s rototiller? #3  
what is the hp rating on the tiller gearbox? why are you tilling, game plot? maybe try shallow passes at 1st, mid range rpm.
someone else can better describe using smaller rated gearboxes, etc, on a larger tractor. easy does it would be my advice

/ Will my tractor damage neighbor’s rototiller? #5  
Unless you have serious rocks, you shouldn't be able to damage the tiller. However, it won't cover your tracks. Probably have better results with the 1025.

/ Will my tractor damage neighbor’s rototiller? #6  
I would not put a 4' cat 1 on a 65hp tractor that more then likely is a cat 2. Not only that you could lose a good friend.

/ Will my tractor damage neighbor’s rototiller? #7  
if its going to be more than a 1 time deal rototilling the two large areas you would be better off getting the rototiller that matches your tractor.