Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses?

/ Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses?
The horse that ran through the barb wire was a Tennessee walker

I am very happy for anyone who can afford to dedicate their property to horses by having "horse friendly fencing", but all fences have hazardous features, and horses occasionally find ways to get hurt regardless, slipping in mud, running in to tree limbs, getting kicked or bitten by other horses, etc. Let's not turn this thread into yet another "barbed wire is evil" thread.

/ Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses? #22  
Ours are Tennessee Walkers. There, I hijacked my own thread posting a horse picture. :ashamed:

--------
Well since you did it, here are our Peruvians:

P3250008.JPG

PC070016.JPG

/ Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses? #23  
Cold bloods are draft horses. Hot bloods are the ones like Arabians. Warm bloods were bred to carry knights. They have the strength and temperament of the cold bloods and the agility and speed of the hot bloods. Ours are Holsteiners and Hanoverians, named after the region in Germany where they originated.
Thanks, I know nothing about horses and that statement seemed crazy.

/ Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses? #24  
Since we've gone to bragging on our horses...

Cremecicle - SGL Photo

Cremecicle - SGL Photo

Showname is Creamsicle. Barn name is Duke. Belgian-Thoroughbred cross. He was somebody's pasture accident that the wife bought (cheap), broke and trained. He was the 2016 Reserve Champion at 3' jumpers in San Antonio.

Last edited:
   / Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses? #25  
-.1 Impressive!

Ride for the cure, Pimlico Race Track.

Attachments

• Pimlico.JPG
    Pimlico.JPG
    243.9 KB · Views: 66
   / Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses? #26  
If we are going to talk horses..... If you really want to do some good find your local therapeutic riding facility and support them. They do amazing work with horses and the disabled.

/ Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses? #27  
If we are going to talk horses..... If you really want to do some good find your local therapeutic riding facility and support them. They do amazing work with horses and the disabled.

Yes, those are some great people and great programs.

/ Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses? #28  
We put on a large horse show at a therapeutic riding center that raised several thousand dollars to help them improve their facility. Unfortunately, a few months later they had a flood they destroyed everything, never to reopen again. Very sad day.

PointeCeleste.jpg

/ Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses? #29  
What about the "barb-less" wire. I use that between my (horizontal) fence boards to keep dogs from getting through fence. It's very strong, I don't think it would hurt horses. Plus it cheaper than barbwire. Barbless Cable - For Life Out Here

/ Will a Cable Gate Contain Horses? #30  
I won't post pics of all... but you opened it up.

But here are my 3yo Tbred Racehorse and our newest filly (1mo)
Filly.jpgSethary2.jpg