Will a 45 Cal. stop a wild hog?

/ Will a 45 Cal. stop a wild hog? #151  
Even "just a little .22" in your pocket is way better than the .45 in the nightstand back home.

View attachment 490210

I really need to get another one of those, my wife snagged my last one and I find myself carrying a gun less and less as time passes. I used mine as a backup, but I find myself too often with nothing to back up.

/ Will a 45 Cal. stop a wild hog? #152  
I really need to get another one of those, my wife snagged my last one and I find myself carrying a gun less and less as time passes. I used mine as a backup, but I find myself too often with nothing to back up.
I have a variety of pistols from .357 Mag to .22 auto and have yet to find one that I can carry concealed comfortably. I must have half a dozen holsters and none of them that don't imprint when I carry. Since I finally decided to get some larger in the waist pants, I now must try some inside the waistband holsters. All my pants were previously too tight to accommodate a gun and holster inside.
Anyone have a good inside the waistband recommendation? OR any other style of carry that doesn't imprint under a shirt. I have decided that I want to carry my Glock 33 in .357 Sig when I carry.

/ Will a 45 Cal. stop a wild hog? #153  
I have a variety of pistols from .357 Mag to .22 auto and have yet to find one that I can carry concealed comfortably. I must have half a dozen holsters and none of them that don't imprint when I carry. Since I finally decided to get some larger in the waist pants, I now must try some inside the waistband holsters. All my pants were previously too tight to accommodate a gun and holster inside.
Anyone have a good inside the waistband recommendation? I have decided that I want to carry my Glock 33 in .357 Sig when I carry.

Try looking at the Crossbreeds, and Alien gear.

CrossBreed(R) Holsters Super Tuck Deluxe IWB Concealed Carry Holster

Best IWB Holster | Inside the Waistband | AlienGearHolsters

/ Will a 45 Cal. stop a wild hog? #154  
I took a couple small hogs this morning, again with the .17HMR. I could never get close enough to them to try a pistol, they already know that I am not their friend, but at least these will be good eating. I would love to get close enough to hit them with the .40 or the 9mm.

20161204_113351_zpswlx6qi1e.jpg

20161204_113358_zpsy3lkiqut.jpg

/ Will a 45 Cal. stop a wild hog?
Them ain't hogs, them's piglets! :)

This is a hog. And a small one at that.

IMG0023.jpg

/ Will a 45 Cal. stop a wild hog? #157  
I have a variety of pistols from .357 Mag to .22 auto and have yet to find one that I can carry concealed comfortably.

I hear you about the holsters. I think there are many of us who are holster collectors - forever looking for the perfect fit - which may not exist.

I have the Aliengear IWB mentioned by kOua. I like it but it is not always perfect - better with some pants than others. I also have an IWB Remora holster (the kind that is supposed to "stick" in place without a clip to your belt or pants.) It is a bit more comfortable but I didn't always have confidence in it staying in place with a lot of stooping and bending. What I have now done, is to take one of the extra clips that came with the Aliengear holster and attach it to the smaller Remora - the clip goes over the top of the pants and hangs on to a belt. About as comfortable as I have found, but I will still use the Aliengear IWB at times. I think that it is difficult for one user to say that a holster that works for him will work well for another - but the Aliengear and modified Remora work well enough. Aliengear also has some nice features - you can switch out-trade the shells, have a 30 day try-out, and I think a lifetime guarantee - adjustable cant and height, and they are really nice to work with - very accommodating.

I carry a Ruger LC9 (9mm) as it is smaller than my Ruger /357 magnum and thus does not really print - at least no one - friends or otherwise has ever known I am carrying. I take the Ruger along sometimes but it is heavier. Also, for those who are interested, I bolted a safe under the back (lift-up) seat in my extended cab F150 so I can put my gun there when I have it with me but find I cannot take it into a certain place and thus need to leave it in the truck safely - and legally.

A final thought - if you contemplate getting a laser for your gun get that before you get the holster as they need to match up. Good luck.

/ Will a 45 Cal. stop a wild hog? #158  
I took a couple small hogs this morning, again with the .17HMR. I could never get close enough to them to try a pistol, they already know that I am not their friend, but at least these will be good eating. I would love to get close enough to hit them with the .40 or the 9mm.

20161204_113351_zpswlx6qi1e.jpg

20161204_113358_zpsy3lkiqut.jpg

They do look like good eating.. about the size of a very large groundhog. How much meat would you get from a hog that size?

/ Will a 45 Cal. stop a wild hog? #159  
Even "just a little .22" in your pocket is way better than the .45 in the nightstand back home.

View attachment 490210

Is that the little NAA with an aftermarket handle? I'm thinking of getting one for myself and my wife. That looks like a Mag Cyclinder or is it just LR?