Will a 109" Belt Work in a Pinch For a 110" Belt?

/ Will a 109" Belt Work in a Pinch For a 110" Belt? #1  

mattig

Tractor
l3560
Between now and the time I decide on a flail attachment vs ZT standalone, I'd like to get my old LTR 180 back out on the field. The stock 110.3" primary deck belt is on order, but Lowes has an aftermarket 109" belt in stock today. Time is a factor. Any major downside to this?

/ Will a 109" Belt Work in a Pinch For a 110" Belt? #2  
If you can get it on and the idler pulley still clears everything then no it would not be an issue.

/ Will a 109" Belt Work in a Pinch For a 110" Belt? #3  
Between now and the time I decide on a flail attachment vs ZT standalone, I'd like to get my old LTR 180 back out on the field. The stock 110.3" primary deck belt is on order, but Lowes has an aftermarket 109" belt in stock today. Time is a factor. Any major downside to this?
Welcome to TBN.

Let us know how a non-OEM belt works for you.
My experience suggests to me that there is no substitute for the OEM part from Deere. Yours may be different, and hope it works out well in the end.

/ Will a 109" Belt Work in a Pinch For a 110" Belt?
I ended up getting a 109 inch belt from Lowes. I really put the mower through its paces last night and everything worked great. Thank you very much for the feedback.

/ Will a 109" Belt Work in a Pinch For a 110" Belt? #6  
Knowing JD, I'm sure the Lowes belt was a heck of a lot cheaper too.

/ Will a 109" Belt Work in a Pinch For a 110" Belt? #7  
went to buy belt for my jd mower...bought aftermarket saved some cash.

put on mower, went to cut field, did not get a SINGLE lap around field when the brand new belt broke.

bought oem paid near double and today, about five years later, belt still going strong

/ Will a 109" Belt Work in a Pinch For a 110" Belt? #8  
I had to replace a deck belt on an old Craftsman mower. The afyermarket 'close fit' belt was between the blades running even in the off position or not engaging at all.

As far as JD vs aftermarket, the belt material is what determines good or mediocre. Find a Kevlar belt and you should get long life.