Wildfires in my neighborhood

/ Wildfires in my neighborhood #2  
That stinks.:( Hope you get some real rain soon to alleviate the fire danger.

/ Wildfires in my neighborhood #3  
My worst nightmare - fire. So sorry for those affected.

/ Wildfires in my neighborhood #4  
100 degrees and 30+ mph winds. Sounds like poor choice of weather for a controlled burn. Hope they get it put down soon.

/ Wildfires in my neighborhood
100 degrees and 30+ mph winds. Sounds like poor choice of weather for a controlled burn. Hope they get it put down soon.

I would call your assessment very kind indeed; some of the comments circulating here are not quite so generous.

/ Wildfires in my neighborhood #6  
As of last night it is still 90% contained, two days after it started. Today it is still hot and wind from the south at 16 mph, gusting to 24. We are 9 miles east of it. :eek:

From: Oklahoma Wildfires: New Fire Near Woodward Injures 2, Forces Evacuations - weather.com
in Guthrie, crews said the fire there was 90 percent contained, but increasing winds made firefighting conditions more difficult as the day progressed.

Also, investigators revealed the 3,000 acre fire was not started by a controlled burn, as initially reported
. The team continued to look into the cause of the fire, and they have not yet ruled out arson as a possibility.

The deadly wildfire began burning out of control on Sunday afternoon, torching parts of Guthrie and chasing more than 1,000 people from their houses. Wind gusts above 30 mph helped to fan the flames, and dry conditions in a state plagued by drought provided plenty of fuel.

Early Tuesday morning, Guthrie Fire Chief Eric Harlow said the blaze is 90 percent contained, having burned 3,000 to 3,500 acres of land so far. At least 30 structures were destroyed by the fire, and 104 firefighters were treated for heat-related illnesses. Authorities said the man who died in the fire Sunday night had refused to leave his mobile home.

A firefighter was struck in the chest when ammunition went off inside a structure, although it's not clear what hit him, said Stan May, a spokesman for the Oklahoma Incident Management Team. The firefighter was treated at a hospital and released, May said.

/ Wildfires in my neighborhood #7  
I first heard of the fire in the Guthrie area yesterday when a cousin sent me an e-mail about it because another cousin of ours lives in Guthrie and thought he was going to lose his house, but they got the fire stopped next door to his place. Nothing scarier than fire.