Widest Cat 1 Rotary cutter?

/ Widest Cat 1 Rotary cutter? #11  
right, but still dont see a max implement weight listed that is not the lift capacity of the rear arms....but my wife says im blind

Not sure where Mahindra has that information. My manual for the MX4700 lists It is a Cat 1/2 three point hitch. It has a maximum lift of 2,870 pounds at lift points (which I believe is at the arm ends), 2,310 pounds at 2 feet behind lift points and then 1,000 pounds maximum for certain implements such as rotary cutter.

I assume the reduction in weight with regard to the implement has to do with the strength of the differential case/housing that the 3 point is attached to. A 1,000 pound implement bouncing around back there while lifted and traveling at higher speed when not in use can put a tremendous stress on that part of the machine. Just something you might want to keep an eye on because that sort of repair can get expensive in a hurry.

/ Widest Cat 1 Rotary cutter? #12  
Probably too big. My property is in east texas pineywoods. With a 6', i have to mow trails twice. With an 8' i think once would work. 8' prob as wide as i can run down trails without removing lots more trees. 10'maybe, but not sure. Im thinking i can get that 8', as long as the yoke width isnt too wide.

An 8' Rotary Cutter will protrude quite some distance behind your Mahindra. It will "swing" a good bit wider in turns than your rear wheel width.

If you are content to only mow moderate length dry grass I believe you will have enough PTO power to reasonably clear trails. If you need to mow brush you will have to sharpen Rotary Cutter blades every few hours in order to maintain a satisfactory cut. With more than PTO 45-horsepower you could bull you way through. With dull blades I fear blade rotation will slow and your cut unsatisfactorily ragged.

You could consider a Flail Mower which are purported to require less tractor PTO power per unit of width. Personally, I would not. Feeling whatever time decrease might be achieved in mowing would be lost to increased Flail maintenance relative to Rotary Cutter maintenance.

/ Widest Cat 1 Rotary cutter?
im not creating trails, just keeping them mowed down a few times a year. They are rarely more than a foot high when i mow. There are a couple food plots 1 to 3ac in size that def get taller by the time to mow them as i usually let them go all summer until time to plant for fall deer food plot. I guess i will see when i go to mow in a few weeks. Right now they are about 18" tall wheat/clover.
Good point about it being raised and bouncing putting stress. It will likely be down on the tail wheels mowing just about anytime it is attached. Can only see having to raise it up to cross 1 of my dry creek beds when i go over that way.
Worst case, it is too much mower for my tractor and i re-sell it. Im not selling my 6' until i try it out. Its a Rhino TW96 and i got a good price on it so selling it for what i paid shouldnt be a problem if things dont work out.

/ Widest Cat 1 Rotary cutter? #14  
I sold a Befco C70-110 rear finishing mower cat1 3pt lift type.

110 inch cut with free swinging blades. Heavy machine.

I mowed at 4.5 inches to reduce scalping.

I had to fluid fill the front tires on my JD 4720 4wd to run the Big Befco.