Why the poo doesnt kubota get on board with 5w40 or synthetics?

/ Why the poo doesnt kubota get on board with 5w40 or synthetics? #21  
I get my 0w30 M1 from Advanced Auto.

/ Why the poo doesnt kubota get on board with 5w40 or synthetics? #22  
Although Kubota doesn't spec it out, my dealer advises it with okay from Kubota. Our problem is cold - winter mornings down to -40. One of my neighbors blew a crankshaft seal on his New Holland (dealer is New Holland and Kubota). Replace by New Holland under warranty once, but NH said only this time. Use 0W-40 or 5W-40 synthetic in our area even though not specified in the book. Dealer clarified same thing with Kubota because many of us have both NH and Kubota. I run Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 5W-40 Heavy Duty Diesel Engine Oil - personal preference. Hydraulic oils I am very much into what the manufacturer has (for example my Kubota M7 requires UDT HD - an oil specific for the KVT transmission). Last time I checked, the cost of a rebuilt KVT for my tractor was $74,000. Last thing I am going to do is use a cheaper oil with the potential for trashing a transmission that expensive. Engine oils a different thing, especially since Kubota doesn't supply an engine oil suitable for my cold weather.

/ Why the poo doesnt kubota get on board with 5w40 or synthetics? #23  
The 10w30 or 15w40 are minimum specs. O, 5w30 and 0,5,10w 40 are better and would meet warranty.

As far as running a diesel at high rpm for many hours, VW diesels have done it. They spec and sell diesel rated 5w30 and is what I used on our VW TDI at 10k changes for nearly 7 years. VW have never had an oil related engine failure.

I use M1 0w30 European diesel rated oil in both the Kubota and Isuzu.

/ Why the poo doesnt kubota get on board with 5w40 or synthetics? #24  
5W 40 full synthetic for diesel in L3940 all year long; no problems.

/ Why the poo doesnt kubota get on board with 5w40 or synthetics?
My dealer i bought my latest kubota from said this morning to use it, large Deere/kubota dealer. Kubota tractor customer service said to contact kubota engine. I would like to think kubota is the cutting edge equipment/engine engineering powerhouse we all suspect, but they are realistically a large awesome equipment/engine manufacturer that just sticks with what works. Everybody knows 5w40 is probably the best diesel engine grade but they just dont get into adding the latest and greatest flavors unless there is a reason. There is no reason to use it, but the option is worth the effort and I’d still like to see it in print. I will keep reaching out.

/ Why the poo doesnt kubota get on board with 5w40 or synthetics? #27  
I switched over to Rotella T6, 5W 40 last winter. The tractor was hard to start and didn't sound great when it did start but the temps were -37 C. My tractor is still under warranty, so I talked to the dealer before making the switch. He said it was fine and the warranty was still valid when using that oil. The tractor was much easier to start after that.
You are in Canada so I don't know of the Magneson Moss (I think I spelled it right) applies but down here it does and no manufacturer can deny warranty for using lubricants or filters that are not OEM.

Having said that I do use Kubota filters, they aren't all that more expensive than say Baldwin.

I do know my Kubota's crank lots easier when its really cold outside on 5-40 T6 than they did on 15-40 straight Rotella. Having said that, I'm a firm believer in Archoil AR 6500 friction modifier and I add it to all my oil lubricated engines. The stuff works and it keeps the engines inside clean too. When I had my open station M9 in the shop last summer for an overhead adjustment, I was there when the tech took the valve cover off (I work there part time), I'm the 'goffer'. At 6000 hours there was absolutely nothing on the top of the head, no sludge, no varnish. nothing and the underside of the valve cover was spotless too. Even Blackstone says I change my oil too frequently but once a year is what I do anyway.

/ Why the poo doesnt kubota get on board with 5w40 or synthetics? #28  
I get my T6 in 55 gallon drums from my jobber. so I haven't bought any in a while Like anything else, the more you buy, the less it costs. I've seen Rotella on Amazon as well but it's not from Amazon direct, it's from an 'affiliate'.

/ Why the poo doesnt kubota get on board with 5w40 or synthetics? #29  
glad to see T6 is available to many, but not here. going Mobil Delvac 5/40. but totally agree w/census, syn 5/40 is the way to go even though i'm located "down here" in AR
Delvac is just as good as T6 and probably 100 percent interchangeable.