Why Suzuki is better than Kubota

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #1  

ElJuncal

Tractor
Kubota B2601HST
Hi, I'm new to this forum and to tractors ... and as for the title of the post, Yes ... what I mean is ... when I want to order a part for my Suzuki motorcycle, and the part is not in stock with my dealer, they can do a nation-wide search across all dealer stock ... and then they let me know which other dealers have it in stock and I can take it from there ... nice.

Now - Kubota, ugh. I was trying to source a 54" belly mower and these things are scarce .. as in , no dealer in CO, WY, KS, SD, NM or OK has any ... called all over the country including FL and GA. Seems almost every dealer has one or more on backorder ... Finally found one in Arkansas. All that calling could have been avoided ...

Is this the way it is for other tractor manufacturers like John Deere?

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #2  
Welcome to TBN, I would agree that locating parts by a national database would be nice. Probably not going to happen with tractors though.

Even needing parts for my DR650 (Suzuki) in Latin America, it was easier locating the parts for it thier than for some tractor parts here in the US of A.

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #3  
During the great JD strike I wanted a kit for another set of remotes for my JD tractor, my dealer searched their network and said there were none in stock, but said give him a minute to search the all dealer networks, a few minutes later he said there were 3 kits available nationwide and he could have one as quick as 2 days or up to 2 weeks depending on what I wanted to pay for shipping, so JD dealers do have the option if they want to, to do a nationwide search for parts.

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #4  
During the great JD strike I wanted a kit for another set of remotes for my JD tractor, my dealer searched their network and said there were none in stock, but said give him a minute to search the all dealer networks, a few minutes later he said there were 3 kits available nationwide and he could have one as quick as 2 days or up to 2 weeks depending on what I wanted to pay for shipping, so JD dealers do have the option if they want to, to do a nationwide search for parts.
Nationwide?
JD dealers can do a Worldwide search for parts and tell you where your order will be shipped from.

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #5  
Hi, I'm new to this forum and to tractors ... and as for the title of the post, Yes ... what I mean is ... when I want to order a part for my Suzuki motorcycle, and the part is not in stock with my dealer, they can do a nation-wide search across all dealer stock ... and then they let me know which other dealers have it in stock and I can take it from there ... nice.

Now - Kubota, ugh. I was trying to source a 54" belly mower and these things are scarce .. as in , no dealer in CO, WY, KS, SD, NM or OK has any ... called all over the country including FL and GA. Seems almost every dealer has one or more on backorder ... Finally found one in Arkansas. All that calling could have been avoided ...

Is this the way it is for other tractor manufacturers like John Deere?
I'm confused...a belly mower is a complete attachment, not a part. I can buy a mower "spindle" at my parts department, but if I want a complete mower I have to go to the sales guy selling complete tractors and attachments.

If you go to your Suzuki dealer and ask for a complete 2014 DR650 at the parts department good luck. I'll bet if you ask for any major component that isn't a consumable good luck, you will likely have a wait.

On labour day weekend I broke a spindle on my 1994 Landpride mower. I called Kubota on Tuesday morning, on Wednesday morning I had the part in my hand. Try that with a 1994 Suzuki anything.

Last edited:
   / Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #6  
Locating kubota parts is hard? Must be your dealer. A few years ago I need a flywheel ring gear for a 30yr old tractor and there wasn't any in the country..so my dealer ordered one from japan. It came in when they said it would have and was the correct part. The dealer didnt know me, I dont have an account there and didnt even want a deposit to order it.

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #8  
I think this may be a function of the shortages on everything vs dealer / manufacture ability to locate parts.

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #9  
Nationwide?
JD dealers can do a Worldwide search for parts and tell you where your order will be shipped from.
I just stated what he told me, but I don't doubt the worldwide search, he must have figured he didn't need to search worldwide for the little parts kit that I needed.

/ Why Suzuki is better than Kubota #10  
Hell itself will freeze over before I own another belly mower.

And that opinion is shared by many, many, many former owners of MMM's :)

Do yourself a favor and get a Zero Turn or a pull-behind (3 pt) finish mower.
I'm with you. My neighbor's Kingkutter does a much better job than my MMM will ever do.

I spent quality time balancing the deck this summer, while I got it to cut better than when the machine was new, it still didn't have that appeal.

Only thing I like about the MMM is it's under the machine. I don't like the MMM for the cut and I can't backup under trees. When I can't mow under the trees, that means more labor using a weed whacker and a push mower.

Next machine will have a 72 or 84 inch rear finish mower.