why so many jeeps now on road?

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #1  

big bubba

Elite Member
Tractor
M8540
in the past few months, i notice a huge increase of Jeeps on the road here in town & on way to place out of town. Why? my theory is covid release. lots of wanna be adventure seekers out there now. most of them will never go off road, mostly mall cruisers, but still, i'm amazed.

covid craze it is. people are on a spending frenzy. same with home remodeling on my block. lots of spending, with lots quitting jobs, with the supply chain starved.... no wonder inflation is skyrocketing (of course for other reasons as well).
what is it about this Jeep craze? then there is the new Jeep Pickup...don't get me started on that wannabe retro model, i have too many enemies already

Last edited:
   / why so many jeeps now on road? #2  
Many new around here too..

Jeep had some real deals on price and finance...

Also inventory to move and then the coolness factor...

The 5 new Jeep owners I know are all single women 20's-30's in age.

The newest one is a fully optioned Rubicon... She said it's a gift to herself.... she doesn't drive it everyday on her 120 commute... her old reliable KIA gets better mileage...

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #3  
Our car was damaged in an accident last winter.

Guy’s insurance rented a jeep for us.

I didn’t know there were that many Jeeps.

You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting one.

/ why so many jeeps now on road?
i'm not really dissing the Jeep in general, we all have our favorites. Just curious as to what i see as a big increase in them, cheers

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #6  
LOL, macho thing!
Noisiest vehicle on the road, rough ride, bad fuel consumption BUT the one vehicle that has the least depreciation.
SIL is a jeep lover, he traded his 4 year old in and was allowed more that his original cost.
Mind U he had all the bells and whistles that jeep clans want.
His newer one is the 'Gladiator' , big glorified PU, and naturally has lots of light bars and big tires.
He even had custom 'flame' decals made to further enhance the 'macho look'.
It's his thing, but all in all he's a great SIL.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #7  
Our car was damaged in an accident last winter.

Guy’s insurance rented a jeep for us.

I didn’t know there were that many Jeeps.

You can’t swing a dead cat without hitting one.
Be careful swinging those dead cats! That could get really messy depending on age of demise.

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #8  
I bought mine because I can use it for work and play. Incredible offers by FCA or Stellantis on them.
Resale value is probably better than 99% of vehicles on the road.
Really, really fun little truck that gets ~20 MPG

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #9  
I'm just noticing that the station wagons are gone.....what happened?

/ why so many jeeps now on road? #10  
I have not noticed much of a difference here. But I DO like the new retro pickups! I think they look cool............. sorry OP.