why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #11  
Sad to hear this. Hope it’s not characteristic of the re-introduced Bobcats. My 2012 has been great.

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #12  
Lousy dealer support.

It’s not fun to have broken equipment. Happens to me all the time, but when the dealer can’t get it fixed and back to you in a timely manner, it‘s a bad scene.

You got a bad dealer.

I have a similar situation unfolding with a tractor I have at dealership. It’s long ago out of warranty, but they can’t fix the problem without guessing what’s going on with it. If they “guess” wrong, “guess” who still pays the invoice?

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #13  
Just a note about paint flaking off. If it is a sound paint layer/ new / quality coating/ that is a indication that the metal is flexing. What ever forces are that are in that area are causing the metal to flex and the result is it flakes the paint off. You generally see that at connection points. It can also be on metal sections that oil can. Later.

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #14  
If you have in fact exhausted your avenues with the dealer and Bobcat is blowing you off, it might just be time to call an attorney.

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either
Yep, you got took. I don't blame you for getting rid of that lemon.

Was the regen at 500 hours the first one? Not really relevant but thought Id ask the question

Yep, you got took. I don't blame you for getting rid of that lemon.

Was the regen at 500 hours the first one? Not really relevant but thought Id ask the question.
it was not the first regen

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either
If you have in fact exhausted your avenues with the dealer and Bobcat is blowing you off, it might just be time to call an attorney.
several of my friends who are also equipment owners told me they would of did that long ago but i dont wana go that route. i try to advoid **** like that

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #17  
I buddy of ours was a ME for Bobcat (mechanical engineer). He said they were built light, to light and for example the backhoe tracks we wrote the bid spec's for was 300 hours of operations. Toooooooo short a life expectancy.

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #18  
So, your 'BobCat' is a Daedong/Kioti similar to a JD 3025E. I'm sure there is an equivalent Kubota, too. Around here, lots of used JD & [AFFILIATE=1, nofollow=true, newwindow=true, title="Kubota"]Kubota[/AFFILIATE] tractors that are more likely to be alive long after your 'dong' is dongled. Couple of nice JD 4000 series, too. $20k price range. I have no trouble trusting a used machine that passes a few simple inspection points. Mine will be around, and with parts available a lot longer than these niche machines, including Bransons, Summit, etc.
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #19  
I would think about getting the Better business bureau and the state attorney general's office involved. It may help speed a resolution along.

/ why i will never buy bobcat again, why i will preach it and why you shouldnt either #20  
So, your 'BobCat' is a Daedong/Kioti similar to a JD 3025E. I'm sure there is an equivalent Kubota, too. Around here, lots of used JD & Kubota tractors that are more likely to be alive long after your 'dong' is dongled. Couple of nice JD 4000 series, too. $20k price range. I have no trouble trusting a used machine that passes a few simple inspection points. Mine will be around, and with parts available a lot longer than these niche machines, including Bransons, Summit, etc.
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."
Oh please.
My previous machine was a John Deere (JD 850)
I have owned my Kioti DK for 22 years. (never been back to the dealer.)
Was my JD a better built, more reliable machine or easier to get parts for than my Kioti= NO

Last edited: