Why don’t you own a toothbar?

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #11  
I suppose procrastination. Have had the tractor since 2007 and have wanted a tooth bar the entire time. Every time I start looking at them, I think, man, $500 and over 100# for a tooth bar? Then, I start looking at the different sizes and start trying to figure out exactly what the heck size I need for a bucket that is 60 7/8" inside dimension. Then, I think, what kind of teeth do I want, pointed down, flat (yes), vee-shaped, triangles, replaceable (yes) etc.

I think I've pretty much got it narrowed down to the Neat Farms Attachments bar at 60 1/2" and $295........but still procrastinating....

Last edited:
   / Why don’t you own a toothbar? #12  
I’ve got both a tooth bucket and smooth bucket for my skidsteer. The tooth bucket is great for getting under a packed road base, hard clay, or packed sand in horse arenas. It’s also great for spreading loose material over a packed surface since in reverse the teeth skim over that packed surface and distribute the loose material evenly. I do however use my smooth buckets more since it’s often tasks like smoothing gravel/dirt or scooping materials off of a paved surface. Heck I rarely use a tooth bucket of my excavators since the teeth are more likely to hook or damage buried utilities.

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #13  
Push into a pile of material with a straight blade then push into the same pile with a toothed blade. Night and day difference.

Kinda like snow shoes spread out your weight and float you over the snow while high heeled shoes let you sink right into the dirt. Not that I'd know, of course. ;)

:ROFLMAO:

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #14  
Different tools for different jobs. Tooth bar helps dig hard packed soil, also helps carry more volume of lighter materials like mulch or brush especially since I only have bolt on thumb type grapple for bucket.

Tooth bar is two bolts. Thumb is 8 bolts and I have adapted loader for my needs.

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #15  
Who needs teeth? I have tusks!!!

tusks-jpg.315365

I don't do a lot of digging with the tractor. I do have a project planned that will requiring moving some dirt and digging some big stumps, but I have a bigger machine planned for that project.

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #16  
Different tasks.

I have a mini excavator, so Im usually just moving loose material and grading. Spreading stone and back dragging. Teeth are not required, and even a hinderance on some of those tasks.

On occasion when I do need to "dig" with the loader, I have never had any issues....but a tractor ballasted at ~8000-8500# with 4wd, R1 tires, and a 6' half-yard bucket....I dont have any issues filling the bucket so therefore dont even consider needing teeth

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #17  
I use the piranha tooth bar attached with a bolt on each side
sure makes removing cactus a lot easier

willy

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #18  
I have a tooth bucket and a smooth bucket. I use them both about equally.

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #19  
I have bolt-on teeth on one of my tractor’s buckets. Adding them made a significant difference in the effort needed from the tractor. Smooth back dragging can still be accomplished with the bucket leveled.

I also have a smooth edge bucket on my smaller tractor. It still digs well in the grassy areas and I’ve used it over the bigger tractor on recent grade work near the house, putting in the base for a new concrete patio off the back deck, and prepping the floor base for a new barn; but going into a hard pack area/pile or working the gravel drive I’ll pick the machine with teeth every time.

/ Why don’t you own a toothbar? #20  
I bought a bolt on tooth bar when I got the new tractor but regret the purchase. Poor design. Took them off and never used them again. Weld on teeth are better.