Why do people think it's okay to call/text late?

/ Why do people think it's okay to call/text late? #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
I just don't understand some people.

I advertise my bushhogging by a few different means, including Craigslist....which by far brings me the most business, but also brings me the most inconsiderate people.

I got a text at 11:59 PM reference my c-list ad (that I keep updated every week) asking if I'm still doing that.

I simply replied yes, but do you realize what time it is:mur:

They replied back with an attitude that yes they knew the time, and did t want to forget by morning, and that I didn't have to respond that I could ha e waited til morning.

This kinda stuff irritates me. This is not the first time. I bet once a week I get a call or text between 10 and midnight.

Seriously people....this isn't Facebook messages or e-mails. Yes, texts actually cause my phone to make noise. Luckily, I work night shift.

When it comes to anything like this, my rule is I don't call anyone before 8 in the morning or after 9 in the evening.

It's clear this guy must me staying up late on a Friday night. Maybe I should have waited til morning and replied at 6am

/ Why do people think it's okay to call/text late? #2  
Sounds like:

EOCS

:)

Bruce

/ Why do people think it's okay to call/text late? #3  
Easy cure to to the problem. Eigher turn phone off or put it where you can't hear it.

/ Why do people think it's okay to call/text late? #4  
Sounds like:

EOCS

:)

Bruce

:laughing: x2.

Sorry Mate but, more and more, it's becoming a 24hr world. I do understand though, if I hear a phone or text 'ring' (even if I've turned in for the night) I've got to answer/see what's so darn important.

/ Why do people think it's okay to call/text late?
I don't like shutting my phone off at night. Never know if/when there will be an emergency and someone NEEDS to get ahold of me.

/ Why do people think it's okay to call/text late? #6  
Its the same people that park there grocery cart in the middle of the aisle,ride the fast lane on the highway so you can,t pass.The same folks who pull in front of the gas pump to get coffee and not gas because they are to fat and lazy to walk a few extra steps.I feel your pain,LOL...

/ Why do people think it's okay to call/text late? #7  
I feel your pain. I get the same thing on CL. I specify in my ads in bold print to call or email only, no texts, phone is not a texting phone and to call before 8PM. I sometimes post my home number and it is a basic cordless phone with caller ID but without text. I can receive and send texts on my cell but choose not to because the keypad is too small for my fingers and the auto correct function changes what I type. I've disabled it but it comes right back when I turn the phone back on. When I do post my cell I still get times during the night well after 8 my phone lights up that I've received a text. Fortunately, I shut the ringer sounds off and charge the phone at night so it doesn't wake me up. The next day I see the texts and just delete them. I don't reply since I assume they cannot read.

/ Why do people think it's okay to call/text late? #8  
No calls or text after 9PM from friends unless we've been planning something, after 10PM, you can send the Police if you need me, phone's off.
I answer when i can on my own terms, not theirs.

Ronnie

/ Why do people think it's okay to call/text late? #9  
That's why I never sell ANYTHING! I can't deal with the morons. My last 2 used vehicles went to the junkyard just so I wouldn't have to list them. I probably lost a thousand dollars but it was worth it to me.

Kevin

/ Why do people think it's okay to call/text late? #10  
I don't like shutting my phone off at night. Never know if/when there will be an emergency and someone NEEDS to get ahold of me.

If you have an iPhone or Android there is a privacy setting where you can limit incoming calls to certain hours and/or allow specific numbers to have 24/7 access. Only way to deal with unwanted or wrong numbers after hours without just shutting off your phone.

You likely already knew this and just wanted to vent about inconsiderate people in which case I feel your pain. :(

Last weekend I agreed to meet someone at 5pm, at 5:10 I called him and asked where he was, assured he was in route and would be there in 5-minutes I said I would wait. At 5:30 I left and called him to tell him forget it and unsurprisingly he couldn't understand.

Any idiot can be late
Any considerate person can be early
The truly gifted are always right on time