Why did you tell me it was going to be so easy???? (Quick Hitch)

/ Why did you tell me it was going to be so easy???? (Quick Hitch) #1  

FTG-05

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4330 GST w/FEL, Kubota RTV-XG850, Kubota ZD326S
Finally decided to get a QH based on watching a video on YT from Ask Tractor Mike. I bought the China-made (I'm sure) $99 QH from Agri-Supply. Didn't take long to get here and didn't take long to get it installed and set the upper link arm.

I then backed my tractor and hitched up my 8' grader blade. HOLY COW!! That's It???!!! Easy-Peasey, didn't even have to get out and do anything, just set the blade and go to work. I'm pretty sure my LMC HD box blade is either QH compatible or can be made so easy enough. The other well-used implement I use is my 6" bushhog. I may have to do some mods to that. After that, my 6' rock rake and disc, but those are low-use implements and I'll take my time getting them QH compatible.

Here are some pics with my HD 8' grader blade attached. The HD grader blade is from some no-name outfit out of SC or WI or someplace like that; I highly doubt anyone here has ever heard of'em. :)

0PGHhk8.jpg

hR17nAQ.jpg

I did replace the upper link bushing, that was sized somewhere between Cat 1 and Cat 2 with a Cat 1 to Cat 3 bushing pair. Now it fits a lot better:

TEMXvhr.jpg

Last edited:
   / Why did you tell me it was going to be so easy???? (Quick Hitch) #2  
Good to know. I have been thinking about getting one but just haven't pulled the trigger yet because the only 3ph equipment I use is my 600 lbs count weight. I don't use it as much as I should for loader work because it is a huge fight to install it. I have a 72" finish mower and a snowblower but I don't use them. The were both given to me by my father inlaw but our yard is not big enough nor user freindly for the mower and we don't get big enough snows to warrent the blower.

/ Why did you tell me it was going to be so easy???? (Quick Hitch) #3  
Your quick hitch will save you many moments of frustration and pain! :thumbsup:

I've got a quick attach system on the FEL arms of my PowerTrac PT425. Its one of the main reasons I bought the machine. Changing implements in 15 seconds without getting off the machine is fantastic.

/ Why did you tell me it was going to be so easy???? (Quick Hitch) #4  
Thanks for the post and pictures. I just ordered the same one.

/ Why did you tell me it was going to be so easy???? (Quick Hitch) #5  
I do run a fair amount of agri implements and without even using tape know their mount width and the third arm height varies to much for me to use one just the required changing of the stabilizers and adjusting the third arm. Just a word saying check your implements before you decide to buy. This is really true if you have cat 1 and cat 2 implements which most compact tractor owners will not have any cat 2.

/ Why did you tell me it was going to be so easy???? (Quick Hitch) #6  
I do run a fair amount of agri implements and without even using tape know their mount width and the third arm height varies to much for me to use one just the required changing of the stabilizers and adjusting the third arm. Just a word saying check your implements before you decide to buy. This is really true if you have cat 1 and cat 2 implements which most compact tractor owners will not have any cat 2.

Point taken. I only really have 2 different 3-point implements and this will help me take them off when not using them to store the tractor (limited space) and then pop them back on when I go to use the tractor. All that extra time saved will allow me to make sure the beer cooler is stocked!

/ Why did you tell me it was going to be so easy???? (Quick Hitch) #7  
Finally decided to get a QH based on watching a video on YT from Ask Tractor Mike. I bought the China-made (I'm sure) $99 QH from Agri-Supply. Didn't take long to get here and didn't take long to get it installed and set the upper link arm.

I then backed my tractor and hitched up my 8' grader blade. HOLY COW!! That's It???!!! Easy-Peasey, didn't even have to get out and do anything, just set the blade and go to work. I'm pretty sure my LMC HD box blade is either QH compatible or can be made so easy enough. The other well-used implement I use is my 6" bushhog. I may have to do some mods to that. After that, my 6' rock rake and disc, but those are low-use implements and I'll take my time getting them QH compatible.

Here are some pics with my HD 8' grader blade attached. The HD grader blade is from some no-name outfit out of SC or WI or someplace like that; I highly doubt anyone here has ever heard of'em. :)

0PGHhk8.jpg

hR17nAQ.jpg

I did replace the upper link bushing, that was sized somewhere between Cat 1 and Cat 2 with a Cat 1 to Cat 3 bushing pair. Now it fits a lot better:

TEMXvhr.jpg

The problem with the fixed dimension $99 system is that your implement connector locations may not all be to the same spec as the QH...... as mine aren't. So I spent another $80 and bought Pat's Quick hitches which can be set to whatever dimension you need for hooking to your implements.

Regardless, QHs are worth the money, especially when a one man operation as is my place.

/ Why did you tell me it was going to be so easy???? (Quick Hitch) #8  
I know! Bought one cheap at a Richie Auction. POS, had to modify (widen) it to fit my stuff, but it's GREAT! Makes the archaic horrible Ferguson System Bearable.

No offense, but I still don't know why people bother with the lift arm-only, two point quick-claw things?

DSC04571.JPG

A top tilt cylinder can make it even easier. With larger tools, you sometimes need only extend and hook the top, then pull in the tool aligning the bottom perfectly.

/ Why did you tell me it was going to be so easy???? (Quick Hitch) #9  
...No offense, but I still don't know why people bother with the lift arm-only, two point quick-claw things?...
It beats the heck out of nothing... My cheap QH just became another implement to take off and on... that was before my hydraulic toplink... might have to revisit it!!

/ Why did you tell me it was going to be so easy???? (Quick Hitch) #10  
My Agri Supply QH has the top hook that sticks out an inch or so further than the ones I've seen on the HF units.

Agri Supply also sells an adapter for the top float connection you need for mowers for 10 bucks.