Why did my tractor start?

/ Why did my tractor start? #21  
I've been through this so many times now that its always to check the battery terminals and cables. The amperages involved with starting are very high. Even with a thick cable, its only as thick as the connections. Compression fittings fail. And they fail in a strange way with stranded cable. The electrical potential will try to find a way to ground. Yet it has lots of ways to do that. And each restart could rearrange how routing of the current is going. So it seems random. Thats cause you don't know how close the last start got to a "Good" connection in the stranded wire. I've cross cut some of my old primary cables and found that some areas were burned out and some good. Electricity can be fickle in the path it wants to take. :)

/ Why did my tractor start? #22  
Appreciate the follow up post. I think it helps all of us when the final solution is posted, even if it is a "DOH" moment.

Doug in SW IA

/ Why did my tractor start? #23  
seems like a safety override for loader stick. i had a skid steer that would not start because the loader stick was not in neutral - but it looked like it was