Why are cookies "Necessary to enhance my experience" when looking up pickup tires?

/ Why are cookies "Necessary to enhance my experience" when looking up pickup tires? #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Why are cookies "Necessary to enhance my experience" when looking up pickup tires?

All that I'm trying to do is compare specs and don't need some factory computer to tell me where to buy them... I already know the tire dealers in my area. I just want to see the stinkin' specs... Yet every time I try to shop I get this message;
General Tire uses cookies (like most sites) to continually improve your experience. By clicking " Agree" you agree to the storing of cookies on your computer or device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Thanks.

Translated that means Use your back button now.

/ Why are cookies "Necessary to enhance my experience" when looking up pickup tires? #2  
Re: Why are cookies "Necessary to enhance my experience" when looking up pickup tires

Cookies and SPAM go together like peanut butter and jelly.

/ Why are cookies "Necessary to enhance my experience" when looking up pickup tires? #3  
Re: Why are cookies "Necessary to enhance my experience" when looking up pickup tires

There is a rather simple solution to that, if you are using the right web browser: Block Cookies. If the page wont let you access without them, view the page in a "private window" (some web browsers which have this feature may call it something else). Changes to cookies and website data are not saved when using a private window.

When I first read the subject line on this topic, my immediate reaction was, "of course cookies enhance your experience!". However, I was thinking about the chocolate chip variety...

/ Why are cookies "Necessary to enhance my experience" when looking up pickup tires? #4  

It stores some of the webpage information in your temporary cache and helps the pages reload faster when you revisit them.
If you are using a Google browser you can go incognito mode if you want to.

/ Why are cookies "Necessary to enhance my experience" when looking up pickup tires? #5  

You may also be able to set your browser to delete cookies when you exit your browser.

/ Why are cookies "Necessary to enhance my experience" when looking up pickup tires? #6  

It stores some of the webpage information in your temporary cache and helps the pages reload faster when you revisit them.
If you are using a Google browser you can go incognito mode if you want to.
Incognito mode (especially with chrome browser) is a joke...it may prevent a local history cache but every web site visited is logged and users are identified and tracked by both google and the producers of many sites...

/ Why are cookies "Necessary to enhance my experience" when looking up pickup tires? #7  

Cookies and SPAM go together like peanut butter and jelly.

Only if you fry the Spam with onions!

/ Why are cookies "Necessary to enhance my experience" when looking up pickup tires? #8  

People heavily engaged in Technology they have virtually no control over or say in. I don't care what they are selling or even that I may be (very) interested. I just leave the site asking for permission for cookies. If everyone did that, things would change.

/ Why are cookies "Necessary to enhance my experience" when looking up pickup tires?

People heavily engaged in Technology they have virtually no control over or say in. I don't care what they are selling or even that I may be (very) interested. I just leave the site asking for permission for cookies. If everyone did that, thinguld change.

Hence the last line of my original post.

/ Why are cookies "Necessary to enhance my experience" when looking up pickup tires? #10  

I find searching to buy stuff on line such a waste of my time, it's not even funny. And, I think I have now seen hundreds upon hundreds of "OUT OF STOCK" indications, one you go through all the hassle of finding it.

Give me an 800 number in in a few short minutes I get what I want, or not. Funny actually, how places that want to sell you stuff still have enough operators to answer your call quickly. And the places that you want "service" from all have unusually high call volumes!