why (2) neutral switches L3400

/ why (2) neutral switches L3400 #1  

David Wayne

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400
I have a L3400 gear drive that the operator broke off the micro safety switch (neutral safety). Kubota wants $61.
Wondering why it has 2 switches, parts guy didnt know. Does anyone on here know why?
I am thinking of jumpering around it. It would still need to be in neutral to start because of the second switch.
Thanks
David

/ why (2) neutral switches L3400
Nevermind I just tried it and it WILL start without the second switch being made. So jumper wont be used,the second switch is tied in with seat switch. If its not in neutral and you leave the seat it will kill the engine. I guess I will just have to reach down and manually operate it till I get a new one.

/ why (2) neutral switches L3400 #3  
I have a L3400 gear drive that the operator broke off the micro safety switch (neutral safety). Kubota wants $61.
Wondering why it has 2 switches, parts guy didnt know. Does anyone on here know why?
I am thinking of jumpering around it. It would still need to be in neutral to start because of the second switch.
Thanks
David

I have encountered the same problem on my L3400 gear drive. Did you get a part number for the neutral switches? These parts are over-priced by Kubota but I cannot do without them. I want to look on the net for switches that are cheaper than the current $33 each price at my Kubota dealer.

Thanks,

Mac

/ why (2) neutral switches L3400
Well, I have been running the last 3 years without the switch for the PTO safety, I swapped it for the neutral switch. Now it to broke,
so I guess its time to search for switches on line. If nothing turns up I'll bite the bullet and call my dealer.

David