Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,863  
I'm an elitist, but if you don't have to shift, I don't see it is a motorcycle 🤣
My brother practically lives on his Goldwing. Last year he decided to trade - well over 100k miles on his current bike but had a heck of a time finding a new Goldwing with the old manual transmission. Finally found one at a dealer a couple states away. Apparently Honda is forcing everyone into their new dual-clutch trannies.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,865  
I "wish" Someone would manufacture a Scooter with the the "looks" and all the good aspects of a Vespa P200e, but with a engine more in line with good 500 cc twin cylinder. An honest 25 HP would do. NOT a Berger-mister! ;-)

How about a Honda Silverwing?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,866  
My brother practically lives on his Goldwing. Last year he decided to trade - well over 100k miles on his current bike but had a heck of a time finding a new Goldwing with the old manual transmission. Finally found one at a dealer a couple states away. Apparently Honda is forcing everyone into their new dual-clutch trannies.
They ain’t forcing anything, even Honda has been surprised by how many folks choose the 7 speed DCT over the manual 6 speed transmission .
I have taken test rides on both and highly prefer the DCT.
The 2002 Goldwing I bought brandnew currently shows 613,000 miles on odometer.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,867  
How about a Honda Silverwing?

You tricked me! When you referred to a Honda SilverWing I immediately thought about my 1981 Honda SilverWing. Totally different machines. I restored the SilverWing to 'as new' condition, then sold it. Good running bike, that's for sure.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,868  
You tricked me! When you referred to a Honda SilverWing I immediately thought about my 1981 Honda SilverWing. Totally different machines. I restored the SilverWing to 'as new' condition, then sold it. Good running bike, that's for sure.

Yeah, it's strange. It used to be a smaller version of the Goldwing, which makes sense.

It seems like a scooter would have warranted a different name.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,869  
Just sold my 98 DR650 yesterday. I told myself I was never going to sell it. But I have a rule if something has been sitting around unused for 4 or 5 years I just need to sell it. If/when I get back into riding I will look at the newer 400 class dual sports that the japanese makers are starting to come out with. They look fun, fuel injected, lighter and peppy!

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,870  
They ain’t forcing anything, even Honda has been surprised by how many folks choose the 7 speed DCT over the manual 6 speed transmission .
I have taken test rides on both and highly prefer the DCT.
The 2002 Goldwing I bought brandnew currently shows 613,000 miles on odometer.
I was thinking of you, reading desert's post.....

.... Do you consider 100k miles as even Broken-In ? :cool:

Rgds, D.