Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,751  
I just got back from riding with two friends ( all of us on Yamaha Super Tenere’s ) from West Virginia to Banff National Park in Canada. Then over the Rockies to Revelstoke Alberta then back to West Virginia. 6,300 miles in 10 days !
Shoutout to my buddy on the right. He’s 75 years old and was an absolute machine on this ride. He has made done this long of a ride every year for the last 12 years

Attachments

• IMG_1805.jpeg
    IMG_1805.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 61
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,752  
I just got back from riding with two friends ( all of us on Yamaha Super Tenere’s ) from West Virginia to Banff National Park in Canada. Then over the Rockies to Revelstoke Alberta then back to West Virginia. 6,300 miles in 10 days !
Shoutout to my buddy on the right. He’s 75 years old and was an absolute machine on this ride. He has made done this long of a ride every year for the last 12 years
Respect !!!!

For anybody, that's some serious Saddle-Time there !

Rgds, D.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,753  
That is so cool. I'd like to hear more of youz guyz reviews of the Tenere. I would have not thought to be able to average 630 miles a day! How is the wind protection?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,754  
That is so cool. I'd like to hear more of youz guyz reviews of the Tenere. I would have not thought to be able to average 630 miles a day! How is the wind protection?
The Tenere is absolutely bullet proof. my buddy on the right in the pic has ridden his out west 5 times with no issues at all, just a flat tire. Mine has 45k on it with zero issues.
The wind protection is decent but not excellent. You can get larger wind screens and they seem to work great from what I hear. The stock one works fine for me however.
Yeah, we averaged 630 miles. The longest day being 940 miles ( ugh!) we left Wv. and put the hammer down. We rode non stop for two days. We stopped in Davenport Iowa the first night and we were eating dinner in Butte Montana on day two.
this was a bucket list ride for me and I had a total blast. Banff is stunning and so is Glacier National park.

Last edited:
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,755  
I liked mine from the start I only have 550km (341 miles) on it but I am impress how well it hold the dirt, it is very simple and easy to uses it dosen't have lots of gadget which I like. I like its transmission, (it goes thorough the gears very quickly and smoothly which is important to me) its engines and its sound and the amount of accessories available for it, you can dress it up very easily. Now dislike it dose have a high center of gravity and it dose stand tall but I am pretty tall so that's fine for me although I can see when going really off road like in quad trails the high center of gravity wont be fun ... as far as the wind protection it has a nice little windshield deflector and the rad and gas tank is very wide on top so your knees are well protected from the wind but it is not a high way bike by any means but you could buy a bigger windshields for it... The only thing I don't like or find annoying is to turn off the ABS you have to be on neutral and press the breaks to turn it off, I would ratter to just hit a button while riding and its off but it is very minor thing. I find the reviews online very accurate although they did complain about the suspension but myself I don't have anything to say in that regard negative or positive.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,756  
I’m only 69 and unfortunately suspect won’t be able to ride my Tenere safely by the time I’m 75, will probably have to buy something lighter or quit riding. 600 mile days I can still handle ok.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,757  
Cycledude are you talking about a Tenere or the larger, heavier, Super Tenere?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,758  
From the Pics certainly look like the 2021 and earlier 1200CC Super's

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,759  
Cycledude are you talking about a Tenere or the larger, heavier, Super Tenere?
I own a 1200 Super Tenere just like the ones KTM Rider posted the picture about, my current one is a 2018 with 60,000 miles but I did previously own a red and white 2013 that I put 50,000 miles on and then traded for the new 2018 in order to get cruise control.
supposedly the lighter 700 Tenere’s sell very well but I have actually only ever seen 2 of them in real life, one was brand new sitting on a dealer showroom floor up in Canada and the other was on a ride down in Arkansas.
The 700 is even taller than the 1200 and no cruise control so it’s pretty unlikely I would ever buy one.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,760  
Speaking of adventure bike, I am looking at my next set of tires for mine, I do mostly dirt road and the occasionally complete off road, I am thinking l want something around 75 off road / 25 on road. But when I will go crazy and push to the limit of the bike it will be off road, so I am debating about the Motoz Tractionator adventure, rallZ or even the desert for the back...I know the desert is a 100% offroad tire and is pretty loud, up front I am pretty set with the Motorz dual venture. Will I regret if I go with the desert, should I simply go with the Rallz front and back, What you guys think ?

Last edited: