Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,721  
just too bad I will sale my wr450F ... I know I will miss that bike... I will keep my XT250

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,722  
yeah well you have influence my decision, I wanted a Africa twin then you talked about this one, I knew of it and knew it was cheaper then the Africa twin then I looked the reviews of both and it sound like this a better off-roading bike, lighter and better geared ... their is flaws about this bike like soft suspension and high center of gravity but they all have flaws and I can deal with this bike flaws.

Have you watched the stunts a T7 is capable of with an expert rider like Pol Tarres, the Seeker and Seeker 2 are great entertainment while waiting for the New T7

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,723  
well I did it... droped the gun on a brand new 2023 Tenere 700, I will have it in a few weeks, looking forward to the first ride.
Congratulations Rock, the T7 is a nice motorcycle. Mine rode pretty harsh when new but it helped after backing off the damping and replacing the rear spring with a heavier one. Then after maybe 1,500 miles or so I noticed it further improved and it's great now. I also went up a tooth on the countershaft sprocket to gear it up a bit which works better for me.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,724  
Congratulations Rock, the T7 is a nice motorcycle. Mine rode pretty harsh when new but it helped after backing off the damping and replacing the rear spring with a heavier one. Then after maybe 1,500 miles or so I noticed it further improved and it's great now. I also went up a tooth on the countershaft sprocket to gear it up a bit which works better for me.

Thanks, and nice looking bike ... he looks good in black and white.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,725  
New member here. I like this post :)
Got 3 Ducatis and 1 MV Agusta. 2 of them are collector's items : 1198R (1 of 70) and 998 Final Edition.
Keep the shiny parts up !
Ducati 1198R Nov 2017-5.jpg

TX Garage-2.jpg

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,726  
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,727  
A round barrel 441 " victim" Was the first bike I paid real money for.
IIRC it was $650 second hand, My dad was against it at the price. I was a Jr in highschool.
With "energy transfer" ignition, getting it started was always iffy. I wasn't a big kid, 'maybe I weight #110 at that age. I got sent flying a couple times when it would kick back, Broke my foot once as well.

The bike was fitted with a #428 chain as original. That big single would snap the chain all to often.
Heck, It even wrapped up the primary chain once.

One ride I was out about 40 miles from home and the rear hub and sprocket SPLIT. I had to get a replacement rear wheel assembly and so it was a no brainer to go with the 520 chain and sprocket on reassembly. I could ride the rear wheel on that bike until something made me put the front down. Corners were not a problem at all. ;-)

Mine was not the MX model as shown here. It had lights, worthless, but there. The front forks had external springs. The seat and tank were as per this picture.

In my mind, the Beezer was more fun that my present KLR, But I was young, and that was a long time ago ;-)

Thanks for the memories.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,728  
A round barrel 441 " victim" Was the first bike I paid real money for.
IIRC it was $650 second hand, My dad was against it at the price. I was a Jr in highschool.
With "energy transfer" ignition, getting it started was always iffy. I wasn't a big kid, 'maybe I weight #110 at that age. I got sent flying a couple times when it would kick back, Broke my foot once as well.

The bike was fitted with a #428 chain as original. That big single would snap the chain all to often.
Heck, It even wrapped up the primary chain once.

One ride I was out about 40 miles from home and the rear hub and sprocket SPLIT. I had to get a replacement rear wheel assembly and so it was a no brainer to go with the 520 chain and sprocket on reassembly. I could ride the rear wheel on that bike until something made me put the front down. Corners were not a problem at all. ;-)

Mine was not the MX model as shown here. It had lights, worthless, but there. The front forks had external springs. The seat and tank were as per this picture.

In my mind, the Beezer was more fun that my present KLR, But I was young, and that was a long time ago ;-)

Thanks for the memories.
cool story thanks for the share … sound like that thing had some balls … It also remind me of the kick back/foot slip my YZ 250 gave me once … it cute a vein below the knee and my leg was black from know down to my foot should've went to the hospital that time i was told lol … my WR450F at dead zero is lock up like if it be sleazed up it not fun when you stall it it’s always rat dead zero … once I kickstarted in gear, what a mistake … it kick my leg up to the handle bars, I thought it broke my leg above the knee that’s was a rookie mistake…

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,730  
well I did it... droped the gun on a brand new 2023 Tenere 700, I will have it in a few weeks, looking forward to the first ride.

View attachment 822144
so because of funds running low, yamaha utilized this engine in a bunch of motorcycles. This engine has proved to be a home run. The others that share this engine have done well. My former boss has ridden two up all the way to the top of Alaska on one of these, and then went and rode two up all over Europe from the top of Norway Finland to the lower countries east of Italy.
tonight adventure
New sport. Down here, no vehicles allowed while hunting for people with no special needs.