Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,621  
Perfect weather today for High Point. It is just up the road 20 miles but I'm not going this year.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,622  
Ride? I wish.
It has been a little over 30 years now.
Discs at L4/L5 and L5/S1 made the decision for me.
The last ride I took was to bring my friends bike to my house to store in my garage. Couldn't walk for two days after that ride.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,623  
Ride? I wish.
It has been a little over 30 years now.
Discs at L4/L5 and L5/S1 made the decision for me.
The last ride I took was to bring my friends bike to my house to store in my garage. Couldn't walk for two days after that ride.
Sorry about that.
I watch a lot of m/c racing on TV. I prefer it immensely over car racing, because there are far more opportunities to pass. I even watch some European m/c racing, hill climbs, Paris/Dakar highlights, etc. Yep, I'm a m/c racing nut. there are worse habits...

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,624  
Reminds me, lawn mower tire has a slow leak. No bubbles held under water. Put Slime in that one, will see how that works.
Put Slime in the tire, drove around for 10 minutes, parked, couple days later the tire was down from 14 to 9 PSI, noticeably low. Pumped it up and immediately mowed the lawn for 25 minutes, 2 days later it doesn't look flat.

Doesn't really matter the tire has dry rot and a new one is on the way. Last time I did a tubeless 8" mower tire was terribly easy after the bead was broken loose. The depression in the rim was so deep the tire practically mounted itself bare handed. Mower tires are very thin walled and flexible.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,625  
Put Slime in the tire, drove around for 10 minutes, parked, couple days later the tire was down from 14 to 9 PSI, noticeably low. Pumped it up and immediately mowed the lawn for 25 minutes, 2 days later it doesn't look flat.

Doesn't really matter the tire has dry rot and a new one is on the way. Last time I did a tubeless 8" mower tire was terribly easy after the bead was broken loose. The depression in the rim was so deep the tire practically mounted itself bare handed. Mower tires are very thin walled and flexible.
Since you change your own tires, what does that slime do inside. Do you have to clean it all out to put a new tire on?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,626  
Since you change your own tires, what does that slime do inside. Do you have to clean it all out to put a new tire on?
My experience If it’s only in there for a year it rinses off with a garden hose pretty easy, longer than a year it takes some pretty serious scrubbing to remove it all from the inside of the rim, I bet after 3 years it would be very difficult if not impossible to remove.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,627  
Used to ride MC's when I was younger up through college period. It was transportation in all kinds of weather including snow and icing for 6 years. This was many years ago on mainly British bikes like BSA, Royal Enfield, AJS and others. Like others are saying developed a six sense for how to react to avoid accidents. Took several preventive falls skidding down the road to avoid a crash. Used leather suits with sewn in Bamboo sticks to help on road burns and despite that still got scraped.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,628  
Spent the weekend at Lima, OH for the amateur “Pushin’ the Lima Cushion” on Friday and the AFT Lima race Saturday. Cushion half miles are just amazing racing.

Got to see Briar Bauman get the first ever win for KTM in the Super Twins class Saturday night. The bike is still early in it’s development, but I see lots of potential in this engine.

The Hooligans were a support class. Rider I help was invited to participate. Friday went good, but Saturday was a struggle. Transmission broke in practice, he was loaned a bike that broke a ring in the rear cylinder, he was loaned a 3rd bike for the final. Not a good finish, but he got to ride the final.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,629  
Yesterday's ride couldn't have been more enjoyable. I took a 6 hour loop ride on mostly back roads from my house to Aurora, Dolly Sods, Seneca Rocks, Hendricks, St George, and home. Other than near Dolly Sods and Seneca Rocks I seldom saw another vehicle. This is why I ride.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,630  
Can't tell from the pic, but looks like you are on a GS. I ride a '19 BMW R1250GS Adventure... would not trade that bike for the world. I live in Central South Carolina, we have amazing roads here. I was stationed out in Monterey, CA 2005-2007 (DLI - Arabic) and used to ride the Santa Cruz mountains, HWY 25 and 192 out to Coalinga all the time. My wife rides a '19 F750GS and we are out every chance we get.