Who rides motorcycles?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,351  
My trips downs south this week shows that most intersections have been cleared of winter sand & gravel. Most mornings are a tad above freezing with nice afternoon temps. It won't be long now.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,352  
My recent trip to PA

Attachments

• KIMG4573.jpg
    KIMG4573.jpg
    807.6 KB · Views: 90
   / Who rides motorcycles? #1,354  
I'm patiently waiting on my T7 to come in. I already have the Givi racks and Dolomiti hard side cases waiting for installation. I think I know the answer but how do you like your T7?

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,356  
@Bocephous I've been seeing a number of the T7's being delivered in the past three weeks or so. Hopefully, yours will be here soon. I did have to travel to get mine. I couldn't find one in New England, the closest I found was in the NJ North Shore. A 17 hour, 750 mile round trip on New Years Eve day, and it was mine!

Good choice with the Givi Racks, they look the most effective at wrapping around the exhaust and keeping the rear case width slim.

I've had several street bikes and enduro bikes over the years. My first ADV bike was a '92 R100GS, it worked well for longer distance but the heads were bashed too easily when exploring off-road. Next was an '07 KLR650, bulletproof and jeep like in it's capabilities but the transmission ratios just weren't right when off-road. I then picked up an '07 KLX250, great for ADV off-road rides but not good for longer distance. I have a KDX200 for single track rides.

I like the T7. It reminds me of the R100GS at times when riding longer distance on the road, possibly due to the wheelbase and weight. But it's lighter, much slimmer, and has an enduro bike like handlebar, seating position feel. The motor has good seat of the pants torque beginning at low rpms, continuing up through the rpm range to typical interstate cruising speeds. The transmission ratios are close, they allow me to sometimes skip 2nd & 4th, or 3rd& 5th, when running down the road. The close ratios and shifting ranges feel like they will work well when navigating unmaintained roads, two track, etc. Our unmaintained roads are still closed for mud season so I haven't tested it off-road yet. A brother is just back from riding his off-road in the southwest, he said it worked very well there.

The T7 is about 450 lbs without additional accessories, perhaps the lightest of the mid-size two cylinder ADV bikes. It feels good for all day riding, except the seat, I have to get a better seat! It's still a heavy bike for off-road but better riders than I are enjoying it off-road. I enjoy an ADV bike to ride the longer distances to the good places to explore, and I think the T7 is one of the best yet designed to fulfill that purpose. I hope you get yours soon!

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,357  
@Bocephous I've been seeing a number of the T7's being delivered in the past three weeks or so. Hopefully, yours will be here soon. I did have to travel to get mine. I couldn't find one in New England, the closest I found was in the NJ North Shore. A 17 hour, 750 mile round trip on New Years Eve day, and it was mine!

Good choice with the Givi Racks, they look the most effective at wrapping around the exhaust and keeping the rear case width slim.

I've had several street bikes and enduro bikes over the years. My first ADV bike was a '92 R100GS, it worked well for longer distance but the heads were bashed too easily when exploring off-road. Next was an '07 KLR650, bulletproof and jeep like in it's capabilities but the transmission ratios just weren't right when off-road. I then picked up an '07 KLX250, great for ADV off-road rides but not good for longer distance. I have a KDX200 for single track rides.

I like the T7. It reminds me of the R100GS at times when riding longer distance on the road, possibly due to the wheelbase and weight. But it's lighter, much slimmer, and has an enduro bike like handlebar, seating position feel. The motor has good seat of the pants torque beginning at low rpms, continuing up through the rpm range to typical interstate cruising speeds. The transmission ratios are close, they allow me to sometimes skip 2nd & 4th, or 3rd& 5th, when running down the road. The close ratios and shifting ranges feel like they will work well when navigating unmaintained roads, two track, etc. Our unmaintained roads are still closed for mud season so I haven't tested it off-road yet. A brother is just back from riding his off-road in the southwest, he said it worked very well there.

The T7 is about 450 lbs without additional accessories, perhaps the lightest of the mid-size two cylinder ADV bikes. It feels good for all day riding, except the seat, I have to get a better seat! It's still a heavy bike for off-road but better riders than I are enjoying it off-road. I enjoy an ADV bike to ride the longer distances to the good places to explore, and I think the T7 is one of the best yet designed to fulfill that purpose. I hope you get yours soon!
My former boss bought one to go on a two up, long trip around the "rest of the world" with his wife. He has already done solo about half the world on a yamaha XT 250 enduro. He's had the big Tenere, and more motorcycles than anybody I know. But he's been patiently waiting just for this T7 here stateside. They've had them in Europe prior. His main focus is on the lightweight aspect of it.

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,358  
My former boss bought one to go on a two up, long trip around the "rest of the world" with his wife. He has already done solo about half the world on a yamaha XT 250 enduro. He's had the big Tenere, and more motorcycles than anybody I know. But he's been patiently waiting just for this T7 here stateside. They've had them in Europe prior. His main focus is on the lightweight aspect of it.

Thanks for the write-up, dmottv. I've got a 2014 FJR1300 now and decided it's too heavy for me and the type of riding I like, which is mainly commuting to and from work on poorly maintained back roads. After watching dozens of youtube videos and reading a lot of reviews I decided the T7 was going to be my next bike, God-willing, and am excited for it to arrive. I miss exploring the back roads around here and having the option of riding them with confidence.

The dealer is ordering Givi crash bars, factory center stand and factory heated grips for it, as well as the rally seat, which is on back-order. I'm not tall (5'10") but I figured the rally seat will give more cushion and leg room, and for the price, is a good option to have. I plan on ordering Barkbusters myself, and if I find the rear shock a bit too soft, a Rally Raid shock spring (190-195lbs without gear and probably 20lbs of gear for work).

Previous street bikes include:
2001 Honda Shadow 750 (bored me to tears)
2001 Yamaha FZ1 (one of the best bikes I've ever ridden)
2003 Yamaha R1 (great fun but a torture rack on back roads)
2007 Triumph Speed Triple (loved this bike; best street bike engine I've had.)
2008 Husqvarna SM610 (fun but uncomfortable)
2002 Yamaha FZ1 (loved this model so much I bought another. I kept the Sargent seat in case I buy another someday.)
1988 Honda NX650
2004 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 (another great bike, highly farkled, luggage, Penske, LeoVince, etc)
2011 Suzuki GSX-R 750 (tried to make it comfortable with LSL Superbike bars, mounted a Givi rack on the passenger seat frame)
2014 Yamaha FJR1300A

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,359  
Guess I'll chime in... Harley
Jim - Ultra & Bustec.gif
& Bushtec. Great for cruising the USA!

/ Who rides motorcycles? #1,360  
MotoAmerica road racing is now having a fairing and saddle bags class for the last 2 years or so. So far, I believe the Indian is the hot ticket in that class this year.