Who Makes a Trouble-Free 60" Diesel Zero-Turn?

/ Who Makes a Trouble-Free 60" Diesel Zero-Turn? #51  
Like everything else, if you take care of it and maintain it, most any unit will be trouble free. If you don't troubles begin

/ Who Makes a Trouble-Free 60" Diesel Zero-Turn? #52  
Scag and ferris are about the best in the zero turn market. Ex-mark are durable but ride rough. Scag cheetah imo is one of the best followed by ferris. I work for one of the big 3 engine suppliers for lawn so I get to field test everything out there. As far as diesel goes, Total waste of money in the 30-40hp range. Go gas. I'm not saying anyone of the big 3 are bad in any way as long as you are in the 850cc+ engine range. They all meet the durability tests for 1500 hrs..

/ Who Makes a Trouble-Free 60" Diesel Zero-Turn? #53  
On my Grasshopper, I push a toggle and the deck powers right up, so it's easy to change the blades or clean the underside of the deck. Then push the toggle the other way, and it powers the deck back down.

SR
The ZD1211 has the hyraulic deck as well but this is a feature that allows you to crank the entire front of the machine up so you can do service under the deck. It jucks the front up probably 2 or 2.5 feet.

/ Who Makes a Trouble-Free 60" Diesel Zero-Turn? #54  
Scag and ferris are about the best in the zero turn market. Ex-mark are durable but ride rough. Scag cheetah imo is one of the best followed by ferris. I work for one of the big 3 engine suppliers for lawn so I get to field test everything out there. As far as diesel goes, Total waste of money in the 30-40hp range. Go gas. I'm not saying anyone of the big 3 are bad in any way as long as you are in the 850cc+ engine range. They all meet the durability tests for 1500 hrs..
The 1211 is under 25 HP. I've never run a mower that is so economical on fuel. It's actually quite amazing. After shopping for ZTs my list of required features pretty much eliminates most of the market so things like that make it hard to even say there is a best or 2 best. It's individual preference.

/ Who Makes a Trouble-Free 60" Diesel Zero-Turn? #55  
The ZD1211 has the hyraulic deck as well but this is a feature that allows you to crank the entire front of the machine up so you can do service under the deck. It jucks the front up probably 2 or 2.5 feet.
Maybe I didn't word my last post well.

The Grasshopper deck tips (powers) up so you can stand in front of it to change blades or clean the underside of the deck. The underside of the deck faces you, so the underside is easy to work on.

SR

/ Who Makes a Trouble-Free 60" Diesel Zero-Turn? #56  
Maybe I didn't word my last post well.

The Grasshopper deck tips (powers) up so you can stand in front of it to change blades or clean the underside of the deck. The underside of the deck faces you, so the underside is easy to work on.

SR

Here is an example of another make & model.

90's Kubota F-3060

IMG_5415.JPG IMG_5416.JPG

/ Who Makes a Trouble-Free 60" Diesel Zero-Turn? #57  
......................Snip................. As far as diesel goes, Total waste of money in the 30-40hp range. Go gas.....

Hah hah, that's your opinion and it's great because it leaves more Diesel mowers for those of us who plan for the long run.

/ Who Makes a Trouble-Free 60" Diesel Zero-Turn? #58  
Besides, a diesel powered machine will outlast ANY gas powered machine at least 3 to 1 (with proper maintenance of course). There are NO gas engine machines where the engines will last much longer than 1500 hours and most puke or burn oil and need rebuilding or replacing at a lot less hours than 1500 on the meter. A diesel engine is just getting broken in at 1500 hours.

I realize a gas powered unit is cheaper, but if you want longevity and lower operating cost, diesel is the only way to go.

/ Who Makes a Trouble-Free 60" Diesel Zero-Turn?
Diesel is fantastic. Political science replaced actual science in our fuel industry, and now corn is ruining engines everywhere. I actually bought a lithium chainsaw because my gas saws were clogging up so much. I only use gas saws when the battery job is too small.

/ Who Makes a Trouble-Free 60" Diesel Zero-Turn? #60  
Diesel is fantastic. Political science replaced actual science in our fuel industry, and now corn is ruining engines everywhere. I actually bought a lithium chainsaw because my gas saws were clogging up so much. I only use gas saws when the battery job is too small.
I never have that issue as I run mine dry when not being used for an extended period and all my gasoline (aka: weasel pee) is treated with Marine Blue Stabil anyway.