Who makes a synthetic trans fluid like Kubota's SUDT2?

/ Who makes a synthetic trans fluid like Kubota's SUDT2? #1  

sixdogs

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M7040, Kubota MX5100, Deere 790 TLB, Farmall Super C
I just love Kubota SUDT2 in my Kubota with a hydrostat and other one with a hydraulic shuttle. It performs well, warms up quick and is just perfect. Surely, Kubota doesn't make oil so there must be a refiner that makes this or some other branded product that I can buy. I can't seem to find one and would like to switch non-Kubotas to full synthetic.

Any ideas?

/ Who makes a synthetic trans fluid like Kubota's SUDT2? #2  
I asked the Kubota dealer about the SUDT2 in my LS . He wouldn't confirm that it was full synthetic and he also said that I may not want to use it in the little LS that I have. He said that some that have- feel a change in the pedal. Another poster that has my same tractor said he liked the Amsoil stuff and noticed things like improved noise differences etc. When I did my 50, I changed the LS over to the Amsoil. I can't say that I saw a difference. AMSOIL Synthetic Tractor Hydraulic/Transmission Oil SAE 5W-3

/ Who makes a synthetic trans fluid like Kubota's SUDT2? #3  
For what it is worth, Chevron makes a synthetic tractor hydraulic fluid.
Chevron Synthetic All-Weather THF | Chevron Lubricants

Additional info:
https://cglapps.chevron.com/msdspds/PDSDetailPage.aspx?docDataId=294507&docFormat=PDF

Not certain SUDT2 is full synthetic. Kind of remember reading years ago that it was a semi-synthetic fluid.

This fluid is tinted orange which would make it easier to see on the dipstick or if it is leaking.

According to the MSDS sheets on Kubota website it looks like Ashland is still making the fluid.

/ Who makes a synthetic trans fluid like Kubota's SUDT2?
moship--I have some pails of SUDT2 out in the barn and I'm nearly certain they say full synthetic on them. I've used a lot this year so have looked at the label frequently. I recall the SUDT as semi-synthetic.

The Chevron looks good but it should be labelled for Kubota SUDT2 and it's not so I wonder why. I'll have to see what the price works out to be but it looks like it would work.

/ Who makes a synthetic trans fluid like Kubota's SUDT2? #5  
This has come up before, I think. And I kinda remember there being something labeled to replace sudt2. The problem I found was any acceptable replacement, especially the one labeled properly were more expensive to get to my house than sudt2. I searched around and found a good price online.

/ Who makes a synthetic trans fluid like Kubota's SUDT2? #6  
Below you'll find a few pictures from one of the recently purchased 5-gal pails. I'm not seeing where is says it is Synthetic.

Added in Edit: First picture clearly shows it is SYNTHETIC

Attachments

• SUDT2-01.JPG
    SUDT2-01.JPG
    519.5 KB · Views: 835
  • SUDT2-02.JPG
    SUDT2-02.JPG
    568.7 KB · Views: 427
  • SUDT2-03.JPG
    SUDT2-03.JPG
    546.8 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
   / Who makes a synthetic trans fluid like Kubota's SUDT2? #7  
I often have people telling me about what oils they are using. Here in the northeast I always liked the Case ultra hytran as IH has built hydro's since the 60's and I know they do a great job of dealing with the moisture problems of condensation. Here the moisture will often dictate the frequency of change more then the hours. The Super UDT has proven to be better in many areas over the Hytran which has been superior to the John Deere fluids and many others during winter time for quicker response and less freezing issues. The Super UDT can make a hydro quieter as well as more responsive then any applications original oils we have worked with. That is per our customers when we have changed them out. I would wonder if with the thoughts of extended changes with synthetic if it would be worth it?

Below you'll find a few pictures from one of the recently purchased 5-gal pails. I'm not seeing where is says it is Synthetic.

Well, it says "Superior Synthetic Performance" in the first photo. This isn't a politician talking so my guess is they mean what they say or imply. I can't think that conservative Kubota--or any company-- would run afoul of mom and apple pie and litigious America to make a sneaky statement in this day and age, right?

In the past, I am certain I have seen the word synthetic in Kubota marketing and promotional materials regarding this oil. This oil better be synthetic.

Remember, I don't want this to replace SUDT2 in a Kubota but for other brands where I feel a synthetic would prove beneficial.

I often have people telling me about what oils they are using. Here in the northeast I always liked the Case ultra hytran as IH has built hydro's since the 60's and I know they do a great job of dealing with the moisture problems of condensation. Here the moisture will often dictate the frequency of change more then the hours. The Super UDT has proven to be better in many areas over the Hytran which has been superior to the John Deere fluids and many others during winter time for quicker response and less freezing issues. The Super UDT can make a hydro quieter as well as more responsive then any applications original oils we have worked with. That is per our customers when we have changed them out. I would wonder if with the thoughts of extended changes with synthetic if it would be worth it?

Partly why my question comes up now sort-of relates to your post. I know a guy with a major brand bulldozer that has to leave it outside because, well, it's a bulldozer. Anyway, he might be a little lax on changing the hydraulic oil--but not by much--and recently discovered a brake and steering problem he had was related to a breakdown and condensation in the hydraulic oil. $8,000 per side to fix it. Yes, he as a little lax but not bad for someone that used it mostly in warm weather.

The mechanic suggested a thinner oil and said it would have prevented the problem but I figure why not just go with synthetic. It's done wonders for my engines and oil change intervals. In that instance, synthetic pays for itself an d solves problems before they begin.

/ Who makes a synthetic trans fluid like Kubota's SUDT2? #10  
Well, it says "Superior Synthetic Performance" in the first photo. This isn't a politician talking so my guess is they mean what they say or imply. I can't think that conservative Kubota--or any company-- would run afoul of mom and apple pie and litigious America to make a sneaky statement in this day and age, right?

My bad!!!

I must have looked at it several times and didn't see it... I'm really sorry about it.

For the record I've used it in all my Kubota tractors and it does (B3030, B3130 and L4740) seem to work well in colder temperatures.