Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also.

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #11  
One would think Rotella,Delvac,valvoline premium blue are all good oils to run in diesels.

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #12  
Well that’s quite a general statement…but the reality is do they meet the specific requirements of the diesel equipment in question. Just the name doesn’t give it any qualifications.

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #13  
Well that’s quite a general statement…but the reality is do they meet the specific requirements of the diesel equipment in question. Just the name doesn’t give it any qualifications.
Yup it is but they all meet specs.

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #14  
I’ll kindly suggest folks ignore your advice…and check their owner’s manual for the specific oil requirements.

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #15  
I’ll kindly suggest folks ignore your advice…and check their owner’s manual for the specific oil requirements.
I agree folks should always check there owners manual a common sense approach is a great idea.Have a nice day :D

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #16  
The rate and service most of these run not much of this makes a difference except for weight. 15W is not good for cold starts and the rest doesnt mean a pinch of shate, Shel, Mobil doesnt matter. Main thing is coolant contamination, if it is not leaking most of these units would run till the owner is teats up even if they were never changed.

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #17  
Friend of mine works for a large industrial manufacturing engineering plant and they are REALLY pushing this as a far better synthetic oil for diesels. To the point of 250 hrs. Myself, I won't be changing the intervals, 100 hrs is plenty, but will run it as better is better. Period. Haven't done it yet as I am waiting for a snow blowing job to get it hot. Will also take a sample the next 2 times to send it to Blackstone for analysis. Should I send one of the conventional oil this time or wait until I compare synthetic to synthetic. Have no issues at 1000 hrs, just curious. View attachment 726149View attachment 726149
MUCH too heavy for winter time. Use a 10w40 or 5w40 or 0w40 or even 10w30 or 5w30 or 0w30. ALL are better than this goo to start your engine in the winter. Cranking speeds will be 60-80% faster on any of these other oils vs. 15w40. Almost all owners manuals approve either 15w40 or 10w30. That means these others I listed are even better. Kubota even approves 20w, but you'll not find any diesel oils in 20w.

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #18  
I'm curious what a dealer or TBN member rely's on to make reccomendations controdictory to engine manufacture's reccomendations. I haven't read the manuals for y'all's engines but every owner's manual I've looked at alway's reccomend's oil based on ambient temperature at time of operation. Are some of you saying your manual only list's one weight without mentioning weather? Or stated another way,if your owner's manual reccomend's 15w-40 for sub-zero operation,what does it reccomend for above 50f ?

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #19  

Pour point is minus 33 C, which is minus 27 F.
So oil pump point is about minus 7 F.
This also means that is oil is very thick, and still resistance to pumping.

North Dakota winters....use a good 5w-40 diesel oil.

/ Who is using Mobil 1 Delvac 15W-40 ? Analysis question also. #20  
FWIW. just had a log splitter in, would start warm but out in the cold not. Turns out it had 20-50 Harley oil in it. Guy tried 200 pulls on it. Changed to 5-30 and on second pull fired right up.

Last edited: