Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #821  
I race here called the Copper Dog was cancelled. :(
Still having some copper dog festivities around Calumet MI main race is cancelled though. Hard to believe some snowmobile trails are still open north of Houghton. Can't imagine the abuse these overpriced snow rockets are taking just to say you went riding. Heard on local news they only put 3k miles on groomers up there, season avg is 20k+. Meanwhile I'm debating what to do with 20 gals of year old gas in my unused snow machines up north.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #822  
I dump all year old gas from the sleds into my mowers. Use it out of the sled during the summer so in the fall it gets the fresh stuff again. In case it snows at least!

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #823  
Yeah I'm thinking I'll use it in my pontoon up there probably sooner than later lol. No ice on any of the bays.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #824  
Still having some copper dog festivities around Calumet MI main race is cancelled though. Hard to believe some snowmobile trails are still open north of Houghton. Can't imagine the abuse these overpriced snow rockets are taking just to say you went riding. Heard on local news they only put 3k miles on groomers up there, season avg is 20k+. Meanwhile I'm debating what to do with 20 gals of year old gas in my unused snow machines up north.
Are we the only ones that call them snowmobiles here in Minnesota?

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #825  
Imo if it's a 150 hp 500lb snowmobile ill call it a snow rocket, or occasionally and unfortunately a coffin. I've snowmobiled for over 40 yrs.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #826  
If 150hp is the number then I've got two snow rockets in my garage. lol Rode both of them this year too ! (one around the yard for 9.5mi and the other for 245mi in the woods of the LH)

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #827  
I have rode forever also but we call them snowmobiles here. There were ditchbanger races yesterday about 10 miles south of me, thought about going to watch but we were busy and grandkids basketball games.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #828  
I Think they make whatever your checkbook will cover ! She thought we should get it to blow out the chicken pen ! Kinda like asking a junkie if they want another hit !
:LOL: yes dear, if you think that’ll work, I guess we’ll give it a try.
Can’t she run it too?

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #829  
I have rode forever also but we call them snowmobiles here. There were ditchbanger races yesterday about 10 miles south of me, thought about going to watch but we were busy and grandkids basketball games.
Started riding in 1969 till a couple years ago, sadly. They're called snowmobiles, snow machines, snowsleds, ski=doos (no matter the make) and some too colorful names for this board by some landowners. Many riders, especially those from away, have trouble staying on marked trails; have lost a bunch of trails due to them.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #830  
Around here I call them a nuisance. An occasional pass through isn't bad, but it seems like too many people with nowhere else to ride either feel the need to do 60MPH on the roads or them take to the nearest field and just go back and forth or around and around in circles rrrrrRRRRRRrrrrrrRRRRRRrrrrrrrRRRRRRRrrrrrrr

If you don't have a cabin somewhere or can't afford a trailer to haul them somewhere else - don't get one.