Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #521  
I cant believe it…..we actually got some snow. Have 6” so far. Been missing the stuff.
mainly, I wanted to check out the front step heated mats. They work great. No more shoveling steps.

20240106_105815.jpeg

20240106_105754.jpeg

20240106_105804.jpeg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #522  
I decided to plow the driveway and the area around the buildings. I tried using the front plow but that would keep digging into the ground so I pulled the inverted snow blower off the back and installed the rear blade. Earlier this year I put a round pipe on the cutting edge of that blade, to see how it would perform. I can't believe the difference it makes. I just dropped the rear blade and ran with it. Almost zero gravel / dirt was dug up and it still cleared pretty much right down to the ground. Great improvement. Next year I will make something similar for the front plow. FYI, the temps are just around freezing, so the snow is very heavy and wet. Unfrozen ground and heavy wet snow are not a good combination, lol.

Pic of the snow we got overnight.
View attachment 842790

Your pipe sounds good - What did you use for a pipe hilbilly, and how did you hook it on to your cutting edge. Have you tried just turning your blade 180*. I have done that but the snow doesn't come off the blade as well as I would like because of the pivot hardware in the middle of it.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #524  
We got ~5", and might get another inch or two before it's all done. I'll plow out the hump left by the town plow and pack the rest.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #525  
We got 2" of wet snow from the 0" forecast.
Rain has made this into frozen slush.
Not much I can do to clear it. Did shovel some areas late last night just in case.
That area is easy to walk on now.
Calling for 40 and rain later, but then back to freezing.

So either tomorrow is clear or one giant ice slick.

So much for the first snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #527  
We are up to about 4+ inches and still snowing.
Kitchen 1_Kitchen 1_main_20240107110016_@1.jpg

starlink is slow today, actually has a slow moving progress bar while loading this pic

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #528  
Your pipe sounds good - What did you use for a pipe hilbilly, and how did you hook it on to your cutting edge. Have you tried just turning your blade 180*. I have done that but the snow doesn't come off the blade as well as I would like because of the pivot hardware in the middle of it.
I used some random pipe I had laying around, I think it was from a well drilling rig. It is 2-1/4" OD and about 3/16" wall thickness. I cut a slot wide enough to match the blade thickness and mounted it to the cutting edge. Then I made some tabs and bolted those to the backside of the bolts holding the cutting edge on, then welded the tabs to the pipe. Funny thing is I made sure to cut a nice straight slot in the pipe but when I went to mount it to the blade I discovered the blade had a slight curve to it. Took a bit of persuasion to get it on too, lol.

I tried using the plow backwards but it would not release the snow and I think the pics suggest why.

tempImagebsYNHW.jpgtempImage8GRSSx.jpgtempImagewvVp9v.jpg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #529  
Just checked the weather forecast and we are supposed to get a couple more inches tomorrow and then another inch or so on Tuesday. Don't trust the weatherman though. A couple of years ago the forecast called for 10" of snow and we got 48".

Thursdays low is supposed to be -24C and the Fridays high is supposed to be -20C. Time to get a little more wood into the house.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #530  
Almost 9" snow still falling steady,should be slowing up around 6pm.