Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #511  
Going out early for necessaries pushed the snow out til midweek. Leave for the Bahamas tomorrow morning, won’t be thinking of snow 😋
Where might you be?

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #512  
We got 5 1/2" overnight. Not sure if I will plow it or leave it because the ground is not frozen and I hate digging up the driveway. The temps are just below freezing and are supposed to get just above. With that snow cover the ground will not likely freeze and there is a cold snap coming with a bit of snow, maybe 4". If I plow now the ground should freeze before the next snows and if not the ground may not freeze. Oh what do. I better decide soon as this afternoon and I have to go to the airport to pick up my oldest grandson. Finish my coffee and then figure it out, lol.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #513  
No snow yet this year. Forecast is for some this week.
Last year at this time!❄️❄️❄️

IMG_4396.jpeg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #516  
Haha...that would shut down Dallas.
Same here in southern MO. We got 3/4" and I had to meet the delivery truck on the hwy. He did not want to venture out here. Can't really blame him, steep twisty and wet clay.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #517  
I decided to plow the driveway and the area around the buildings. I tried using the front plow but that would keep digging into the ground so I pulled the inverted snow blower off the back and installed the rear blade. Earlier this year I put a round pipe on the cutting edge of that blade, to see how it would perform. I can't believe the difference it makes. I just dropped the rear blade and ran with it. Almost zero gravel / dirt was dug up and it still cleared pretty much right down to the ground. Great improvement. Next year I will make something similar for the front plow. FYI, the temps are just around freezing, so the snow is very heavy and wet. Unfrozen ground and heavy wet snow are not a good combination, lol.

Pic of the snow we got overnight.
tempImagemACBFH.jpg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #518  
Half that amount would shut our whole city down, and probably the STATE!
David from jax

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #519  
We got 5 1/2" overnight. Not sure if I will plow it or leave it because the ground is not frozen and I hate digging up the driveway. The temps are just below freezing and are supposed to get just above. With that snow cover the ground will not likely freeze and there is a cold snap coming with a bit of snow, maybe 4". If I plow now the ground should freeze before the next snows and if not the ground may not freeze. Oh what do. I better decide soon as this afternoon and I have to go to the airport to pick up my oldest grandson. Finish my coffee and then figure it out, lol.
I'd leave it alone. We're expecting 6 - 12 overnight with an inch of rain to follow on Tuesday. It's going to be a mess for sure. We're in the same boat as you, there's less than an inch of frost in the ground.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #520  
Too late, I already plowed it. See post #517 above.

Our forecast is for below freezing temps for the next week with Thursday being the coldest at -13C for a high and -20C for a low. 2 days ago they were forecasting a low of -30C for Thursday. Typical weatherman stuff, can't make up their mind and they will probably be wrong anyways, lol.