Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #441  
I’m just using my plow till the ground freezes….er, if the grown freezes. Turned off heat tape today. Weather warmed up.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #442  
I for one is looking forward to snow season again. And I love snowplowing
I was, until this morning when we got our first snowfall. It was 5" of heavy wet snow on top of ground saturated with 1" of rain. Plowed more mud than snow.

Now I'm ready for spring. :confused:

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #443  
We've had several nuisance snow storms, less than 2" each. The ground is not frozen and there is 40 degree temps and rain in the forecast. Looks like no real snow until 2024. So far not much of a winter, and no complaints from me. Normally we get a good 30" of snow by now.

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #445  
I haven't even needed to use the tractor on the last slop, it has melted while snowing. So I have at most 2'' compacted and I'll let the people drive over it to compact it. Snowblower doesn't get lowered until I have a solid snow/ice surface. I got the chains from tirechainsrequired.com, one set of Aqualine MPC's in 43x16x20 for $514.00 shipped was pretty darn good price. Talons for $924.
That is a good price on those, did not realize they carried aqualine
I wasn't so lucky with the slop- it was wet but not melting- glad i plowed it now that everything froze up

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #446  
I grew up in so cal

i don’t miss the warm weather at all.

not so much the weather, but what the warm weather brings along with it.
Brings “what” along with it….?

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #447  
Watching our local news tonight. Locally, we only had 3 days below normal temps this month, 1 day average, and all the rest have been above normal the entire month. Warmest December on record for us. Also warmest year on record for us. This is the longest stretch of time in my life where I have not been able to go ice fishing locally. Last time I was out was Feb. 25, 2022.

Bass was so big.... 🤣

IMG_9492.jpeg

/ Who is excited for snow season? Not us! We're depressed due to lack of snow. #450  
I have to take some of the blame.

Buying the snowblower made it snow much less, and that was maybe five years ago. Then I got a skid steer to run that 'blower more efficiently about two years ago...and that has all but stopped any snowfall.