Who has one? Farmtrac 360 or 390

/ Who has one? Farmtrac 360 or 390 #1  

HRS

Gold Member
I've been looking at tractors for a while, and have decided that 3000 lbs is about as heavy as I want to go on my next tractor. I've seen only one 360 and was impressed with it. What are your opinions etc? I'd love to hear from more people who actually own one. Looking back over the previous pages, I only find one or two posts. Thanks for any "seat time" experience you might be able to enlighten me with.

/ Who has one? Farmtrac 360 or 390 #2  
Really the same machine except the 390 is hydro, the 360 is shuttle.

/ Who has one? Farmtrac 360 or 390 #3  
Hello HRS
When you say 3000 lbs are you speaking just tractor or tractor loader?
Happy Tractoring
Chipperman /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Who has one? Farmtrac 360 or 390 #4  
I believe that YooperDave has a 360. He got it through an E-bay auction about a year ago I think. You might shoot him a private message.

/ Who has one? Farmtrac 360 or 390 #5  
I don't own a FarmTrac 360, but my nieghbor owns one.
He has owned it for around a year now (around 180 hours or so). Seems happy with it so far !!

/ Who has one? Farmtrac 360 or 390
Thanks everyone,
My latest concern. Will be towing for 130 miles one way and doing this about 6 times a year. Tow capacity on my truck is either 6,600 or 6,900 lbs. Let's just call it 6,500 to make it simple. I have NO interest in getting a larger truck. Can't hardly feed the beast I now own. I don't need a FEL now, so when I said 3000lbs, I meant just tractor. To stay well under my tow limit, I think I'm going to have to give up on some of the tractors I'd been considering. They weigh in at or near 4000 and that's cutting it just too close. About a month back, I pulled 6,700 lbs in the form of a spreader with lime/fertilizer mix. I stopped hard a couple of times to make sure the truck could actually handle the weight. Stopped it with no problem. So I figure that if I keep my overall trailer and package at around 5000lbs. I should be safe. The 360 or 390 look interesting and would fit the bill. Just the right weight with plenty of power. I'll keep an eye on them.

Thanks again,

/ Who has one? Farmtrac 360 or 390 #7  
Does your trailer have brakes? If not you may want to invest in some. I pull my yanmar at approx. 3000 lbs & I have trailer brakes. Makes for easy stops.

I'll be purchasing a trailer for the tractor. From what I've been told, DOT here in Georgia requires brakes on each axle now, so I will have the assistance of them. But still, when I consider an implement, est. 800 lbs, and myself with buddies, luggage, etc. Yes, 6,500 lbs tallies up rather quickly. Might help some if I went on a diet. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

By the way, what are you pulling with or tow limit, and how much do you est. your package as. Thanks.

/ Who has one? Farmtrac 360 or 390 #10  
Hi Garry,

You have a very good memory! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I did get a 360 with a loader, 90" rfm & 72" snow blower.

I like the tractor, but I think the loader is a little wimpy as compared to my parents John Deere 950 loader.

I do not regret my purchase - I would do it again.

Yooper Dave