Who has a 1460?

/ Who has a 1460? #1  

Yardscaper

Bronze Member
Tractor
Polaris ASL 300, 1959 Economy Tractor
Anyone out there have a 1460 or had one in the past? I am looking to go to a machine that has a heavy lift capacity and can lift more than my 2445. Really looking to skid pallets that weigh in at around 3,000 lbs. My 2445 lifts 2,500 lbs. with a little care as far as maneuvering. I just wanted to get some real world info from some of the owners.

Thanks in advance! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bill

/ Who has a 1460?
Has anyone at least driven a 1460? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I would just like to know how good the power is on it? I do want to get down to the factory, and will if a purchase is made, but I just wanted to gather some information from someone who has used one.

Bill

/ Who has a 1460? #3  
I checked the PT owners by state and could not find a 1460 owner. That does not mean there is not one out there.
PJ

/ Who has a 1460? #4  
Actually Richard had a brand new one up till the spring time I believe when he sold it or he may still be running it at his work (He and I are in CT) I actually have him on my list to call (I want to see how he likes his new CAT track machine he just bought) when i talk with him, I will tell him to check in and post his thoughts on the 1460 - as far as I know he really liked it and said that it had a lot of power.

When I bought his new 1845 from him - he bought the 1460.

/ Who has a 1460? #5  
Hi All - I e-mailed Richard - he is on vacation in Argentina but he replied and mentioned that he still has the PT 1460

when he returns he will comment on it.

/ Who has a 1460? #6  
We have a 1460, one year old, a nice heavy duty machine. Will eaisly handle 2400# +. We have a 2445 also but it is only rated at 1800#, but will lift more. As to lifting more than a machine is rated for, you can, but overload shortens life. Our 2445, 1850, and 1430 have a lot of hours and will be replaced in 05. We are thinking of going to the 2460 instead of the 2445 and then use the same attachments as on our 1460, since they both will be used in the same area.
Eb

/ Who has a 1460?
Blackwell,

Thanks for the reply. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I too have a 2445 and a 1430 and have been very happy with them. I was wanting feedback on the 1460 primarily to figure out which route to take as far as skid steer or PT based on lifting ability. What do you mostly do with yours? Any real weaknesses? I am looking to move pallets of pavers and retaining wall blocks with the 1460, but if it will not do it, I may have to go with a skid steer. I can get a mid size skid steer for the price of a 1460 and probably push a little more on the lift capacity. I am just weighing my options right now.

Thanks for the help! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Who has a 1460? #8  
We use the 1460 hardscaping, lifting pallets, tearing out slabs of concrete before laying pavers. You can take pallet of pavers across turf without damage, try that with a skid loader, you will have to replace the turf. I got the idea from Eric Hart in MD. PT gave me the name to talk to, he has two and a couple 425's. I have misplaced his info, its bad to get old and forgetful, but I'm sure Scott at PT has it. You should talk to him as well, a very nice guy, and took time to answer all my questions. We also use the PT post driver with foot to break concrete slabs and sidewalks prior to laying pavers. We have broke concrete 24" thick and carried it away in large pieces on the forks. The 1460 is then used to lay the base stone and sand. We then place the pavers with a paver stone carrier made for the 1430. I think Eric made his for a 425. A great tool. We saved enough time with the 1460 on two jobs to pay for the machine.
We also cut and remove sod and dirt for sidewalks on existing turfs, using a slope laser with a detector on the 1460, thus getting the grade right the first time. I got this idea from PT, they have been expermenting with a new attachment for this purpose, however their design will automatically set elevation, eleminating a lot of operator error.
Hope this helps.
Happy NEW YEAR,
EB

/ Who has a 1460? #9  
Speaking of 1460s and Eric Hart, there is a nice profile article by Kristie (of PT) in the Dec '04 issue of Compact Equipment on their company Hartscapes and featuring their 425. PT has been advertising in this publication periodically but this is the first article I have seen recently involving a PT model.

The article titled "Work Smarter, Not Harder" may also appear in the on-line version of the magazine at www.compactequip.com but this issue is not shown yet. Hartscapes is located in Eldersburg MD not too far from Charlie Illif.

Best New Years wishes to all!!

/ Who has a 1460?
Thanks for the reply Blackwell!

I too am in the hardscape business and have been using my 2445 a little harder than I should. I am glad to hear of another professional using the 1460. I was just concerned with lift capacity. We also do all of the landscape installations and maintenance so I had bought a 1430 along with my 2445, but in all honesty, it is a little too large for most of the yards around here now, so I am going to keep my 2445, sell my 1430, and maybe get back into a 425 for doing small yards and mowing common ground. Hopefully I will be able to make one trip down to get both a 425 and a 1460! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif I look to have a hectic and lucrative season on the horizon as work has already started to roll in.

It is great sharing info with all of you PTers! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bill