Snow Attachments which snow tool is best.

/ which snow tool is best.
2nd half
The friend that would ride along generally has 4 paws. They are Not willing to hold your coffee and never let them drive.

Moss, are gauge wheel common on snow plows? Yours are air or solid? Are they std equip, for power-trac?

/ which snow tool is best. #12  
2nd half
The friend that would ride along generally has 4 paws. They are Not willing to hold your coffee and never let them drive.

Moss, are gauge wheel common on snow plows? Yours are air or solid? Are they std equip, for power-trac?

The wheels that came with mine back in 2001 were standard. Today, they are an add-on cost. The originals were pneumatic; same as what came on the 60" finish mower front casters, and same as what came on the 48" brush cutter front casters. I switched them out to solid hand-truck tires due to my abusive behavior. ;)

If I never went off the pavement, I'd just put a rubber horse mat lip on the plow. However, I have a large section of crushed limestone parking area, so the wheels are great in there, as I can just set the blade off the ground by an inch or two, and ride through on the wheels. Also, I plow a long path across the lawn and back to the woods for the neighbor's old dog to poop in. She doesn't like deep snow on her rear! :laughing: The gauge wheels do nicely on the lawn.

Lou -NY

Was surfing "Art's way" website. They offer 10 ft blower.

/ which snow tool is best. #14  
You left off rear angle blade. They work fairly well for 2-4" of snow on a straight single-lane driveway. In much of the midwest, it would be adequate for typical snowfall. I used one in lower Michigan for 8 years, and it was fine 7/8 winters; not so fine for 2013-14 where snow kept coming and I got the problem of narrowing banks.

I'm 3 months into snowblower use and I've had the unpleasant surprise that refrozen banks = broken shear bolts. My SB can do 20+ inches when it's still fluffy, but one major thaw and freeze cycle and it's a bad idea.

I pretty much agree with the OP though. Each tool has pros and cons, choose based on your exact conditions or what you already own. A blower is awesome for long narrow driveways, especially if there are trees or other obstacles beyond the edges, but not ideal for large square areas (my parking area) or refrozen piles. A rear blade wouldn't be worth even trying in my new location, and I see zero of them in use locally.

/ which snow tool is best. #15  
Everyone's situation is different and there are different types of snow. Some people may have areas that are difficult to blow snow from and others have no place to push snow to. If your snow is normally very packable, you don't want your tires driving on it before the blade/blower does it's thing. If your area is tight, a loader equipped tractor might be cumbersome verses a shorter rear implement. Going off road, weight on a 3pt is a blessing verses loader weight. I have access to a loader, front plow w/o loader, rear blade, and rear blower. Some things I use more often, some hardly ever. Everyone's situation is different.

/ which snow tool is best. #16  
I agree there is no single solution. I've been very happy with the front plow (hydraulic lift and angle) I built this year. Combined with my box blade, it makes clearing my drive and parking areas very quick (which are all concrete). However, today I have the 3 point blower and FEL installed because we are in the midst of 12 to 18" of snow. It's nice to have options.

/ which snow tool is best. #17  
Places like central NY(Tug Hill) a snow-blower is the only tool to use.You just can't plow 3-4' of snow and 200+ inches per year.I get along fine with front and rear blades where I live in Northern NY.

Was looking at REIST Industries. Snow blower vs Snow Thrower. Interestingly their unit converts from PTO power to hydraulic power, same unit. Snow throwers are single stage, Larger units require less hp. They have a video. No side spillage, which I get w/ my 2 stage. With thrower, snow stays in front of machine. Canadian made, US Dollar is stronger.

/ which snow tool is best. #19  
It would be nice to know what size/type area you plan on clearing. Big, small, long, short, paved, graveled; that sort of thing. I do my drives with a fel and back blade, mostly the back blade; but I'm not plowing a huge, long area. I'm also 2wd with my plowing tractor but it weighs around 8000 pounds with decent ag tires. Some gravel, some blacktop.