Which replacement carburetor for my TO35?

/ Which replacement carburetor for my TO35? #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
I have the choice between an original replica aftermarket, Ferguson TO35 Carburetor - 181532M92 for $173.54; the imported "Zenith style" which "outperforms the original carburetors"; for 236.19; or [url]https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/Ferguson-TO35_Carburetor-New_12566B.html the "New, aftermarket Ferguson Carburetor" Ferguson TO35 Carburetor - 12566 which also outperforms the original. That one sells for $358.80, AKA "beyond my budget."

My first thought is that the original worked for 6 decades, and probably still would be serviceable if it hadn't set in the barn for the last 5 years.

/ Which replacement carburetor for my TO35? #2  
Setting in the barn 5 years shouldn't make origional unsuitable for rebuilding and that is better than a new one any day.

/ Which replacement carburetor for my TO35? #3  
You should be able to rebuild the old carburetor, clean it well and open up blocked jets with welding torch tip cleaner tool. As you said, the original carburetor did the job for decades, the "Outperforms the original" is pure marketing BS.
Even if opting for replacement carb I would steer clear of the imported Chinese built by way of stolen tech. It may be an exact copy, but done illegally, you're dealing with crooks.

/ Which replacement carburetor for my TO35? #4  
You should be able to rebuild the old carburetor, clean it well and open up blocked jets with welding torch tip cleaner tool. As you said, the original carburetor did the job for decades, the "Outperforms the original" is pure marketing BS.
Even if opting for replacement carb I would steer clear of the imported Chinese built by way of stolen tech. It may be an exact copy, but done illegally, you're dealing with crooks.[/Q UOTE]

Good advice. If dealing with crooks doesn't deter buying carbs and rebuild kits from China,maybe this should. If and when you can get your hands on soft parts of a carb rebuild kit,drop them in a jar of fuel containing ethanol and close the lid. Some if not all the parts will degrade and distort within a few days. If one isn't experienced or just doesn't want to rebuild a carb,check your area for classic tractor and car clubs. Members often do jobs to earn money to support their hobby.

/ Which replacement carburetor for my TO35? #5  
Definitely rebuild the old carb you've got. These updraft carbs are very simple and if you take a few pictures during your progress, you'll have a better product at the end and a better feeling of accomplishment. For what it's worth, my machine sat for 10+ years under a car port with open sides. After the carb rebuild it runs like a top.