Which one should I buy?

/ Which one should I buy? #1  

Dougeye

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra eMax 20s, Takeuchi TB210R
I'm planning to buy a micro (one ton) excavator in the next few months, and have been gathering information and quotes from the dealers in my area. All of these include two buckets and are before taxes. And in Canadian dollars, each one worth about 75 cents US.

Cat 300.9D $31,900
Kubota K008-3 $30,500
Yanmar SV08-1B $21,500
Bobcat E10 $32,900

What do you think? Opinions welcomed, pros, cons, experience etc.

And the Yanmar price is not a typo, it really is 10 grand less....

/ Which one should I buy? #2  
No experience to voice an opinion but curious as to what your planned use? Personal, commercial?

/ Which one should I buy?
No experience to voice an opinion but curious as to what your planned use? Personal, commercial?

Mostly for trenching to improve drainage, add water and electrical lines etc around the property. I'm sure I could also pick up some paid work, but that would be secondary. Need a really small machine, there are lots of tight places on our place.

/ Which one should I buy? #4  
Home use Yanmar . If it's for a Business the one that has the best dealer support by you, down time kills a business.:drink:

/ Which one should I buy? #5  
Why not look at Takeuchi?

/ Which one should I buy? #6  
Mostly for trenching to improve drainage, add water and electrical lines etc around the property. I'm sure I could also pick up some paid work, but that would be secondary. Need a really small machine, there are lots of tight places on our place.
Are you sure you just need a micro excavator? Or should you get a SCUT w/BH? A whole lot more versatility for the long term.

/ Which one should I buy?
Are you sure you just need a micro excavator? Or should you get a SCUT w/BH? A whole lot more versatility for the long term.

I have a Mahindra eMax 20S, and could add a backhoe attachment for under $10K, but the length and width of the combination would still be way too much for many of the tight locations on our property.

/ Which one should I buy? #9  
I have a Mahindra eMax 20S, and could add a backhoe attachment for under $10K, but the length and width of the combination would still be way too much for many of the tight locations on our property.
Gotcha... I have got into tight spots removing the FEL and jockeying back and forth around a tight corner only to find I really needed the counterweight of the FEL to help dig. :mur:

/ Which one should I buy? #10  
I have to second the Takeuchi .:thumbsup: A TB 135 is my next machine . My neighbor works as a digger and can have any mini he wants that his company has and he says he always asks for the deere over the kubota . :2cents: I don't know if the deere is the same as the yanmar but most of the time they are. Why don't you look used ? :confused3: 30 G is a lot for a micro for the home . That would get me a nice TB135. :D:drink: