Dealer Which on-line dealer did you use?

/ Which on-line dealer did you use? #1  

Von

Veteran Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I just got back from my local dealer and had to listen to how they were all going to be on welfare because of the internet. I asked for his best quote on a B2910 with turfs, FEL and 72" mid deck and was quoted $20500+ 8% sales tax. Thats only $3700 (with the tax) more than What Carver has posted on his sight! When I asked if he could sharpen his pencil any, he states thats the lowest that they sell for and that no one will beat his price. Then I mentioned the prices on-line and he ask who is going to fix it when it needs work? I stated that as a Kubota dealer you would get the warranty work, and he stated that he makes no money on factory warranty work. Anyway what I need, is to know what other dealers are selling on-line and who is giving a good price.

Von

/ Which on-line dealer did you use? #2  
I just went through this process on a BX. See my recent post under "BX Orders". If you go to the Tractorsmart webpage, you will find all the factory prices listed for Kubotas: 2910 HST is 16,580; LA402 loader is 3398; RC72-27B mid-mower is 2948. This totals 22,926 for factory list. (Pls check my math.) The price you are being offered is about 10.5% off list. My experience with BX's was that 12% was available with a moderate negotiating effort, and that 14% may have been possible with a highly motivated dealer. In other words, you should have some more room. To get a comparable quote from Carver and Tractorsmart, request a price in writing that INCLUDES shipping. You will find that the shipping adds $1,300 to $1,600 to the online dealer's otherwise attractive price. Then compare that package price to your dealer's best price. I bet its close, since you already have him at a 10.5% discount. Good luck.

/ Which on-line dealer did you use?
Glennmac,
Thanks for your reply, one thing that you are overlooking is that if I buy from my local dealer I have to pay 8% sales tax. That = $1640.00 over the cost of the tractor. What I need to know where to get quotes other than Carver and Tractorsmart, I have them getting quotes to me now. Thanks, Von

/ Which on-line dealer did you use? #4  
my recollection is that i also talked to tractorsusa.com (parker tractor, i think) and tractors4u.com (ritchie, i think). my point is that i think that the "shipping" charge will more than wash the sales tax, although you are very high at NY's 8%. assuming they wash, your local dealer should be able (although perhaps not willing) to match the online dealer's package price--ie, the local dealers price plus NY tax should equal the online dealer's shipped price. after all, the online guy has no cost magic. if your local dealer is not so willing, then i would try the next furthest away dealer. if the online dealer is still lower, then perhaps you have your best price. then think about whether the best price is your only criterion.

/ Which on-line dealer did you use?
Glennmac,
Tractors4u.com would not load, Have any more sites? Thanks, Von

/ Which on-line dealer did you use? #6  
von, wouldnt load for me either. it is ritchie tractor, but evidently he is not a kubota dealer but jd and nh. he is at deereplanet.com. if you are interested in jd, also see dirtpile.com and follow links for compact utility tractors. they have all the discount prices listed; no need to get a quote. keep us informed on your journey.

/ Which on-line dealer did you use? #7  
Von,
As you come to realize when looking for a tractor or a car etc... doing your home work is a part,but also like at from this view.
Have fun while doing your home work while searching for a good deal,for thats how we learn./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Take care and stay /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH