which model?

/ which model? #1  

sosiii

i am looking for a small tractor. i need something small enough to get into a fenced in yard, but large enough to mow 2 acres. i want it to be fairly quick and mow cleanly in thick grass (THICK ST AUGUSTINE). i'd like to use a box blade with it to do small leveling jobs and a set of blades for a garden. it would have to be heavy enough to drag small trees (12 inch diameter trunk) from the woods behind the house but light enough to not damage my field lines or compress my lawn. upgradability to a front end loader would be a plus! any suggestions?

/ which model? #2  
Look at the Kubota BX's. I have about 2 acres myself. I have easily moved trees the size mentioned. Took six trees down this past Spring. I used the loader, got under the butt-end, and just pushed them up an incline. So chaining/pulling should not be a problem. (Which answers another of your questions: a loader is an option). It will readily handle smaller Cat-1 blades. (Have used both 4' and 5' blades myself for grading and snow removal).

As for if it will fit through your gates, weight specifications, etc., check out http://www.kubota.com/subcompact.cfm. Also, look at New Holland's. They have some units which may also fit within the gate openings (always nice to have choices).