Which Loader/Backhoe? Turning Radius?

/ Which Loader/Backhoe? Turning Radius? #1  

rScotty

Tractor
Kubota M59, JD530, JD310SG. Restoring Yanmar YM165D
I've been looking at getting a full size loader backhoe and pretty much settled on it being one of the standards...a Cat 416, Case 580, or JD310. All of these seem more or less similar. Need extendahoe, and some cab comforts like air seat and ride control, but they most seem to come that way in the last 10 years.

Found a nice low hour Cat 416D, but I got to looking at the specs and they seem to say it has about twice the turning radius of the others. Our property is real tight and tricky to maneuver even with what I have now - an M59 Kubota. It would be nice to hear some comments about that Cat turning radius if anyone has something to add. It's a long drive to look at it.
Thanks, rScotty

/ Which Loader/Backhoe? Turning Radius? #2  
If you ask three people, you may likely get three different answers. It's a matter of preference.

Just a note, the 580 is a bit bigger machine than the 416 or the 310. A 580 is more comparable to the Cat 420 or JD 410.

I've been operating equipment since I was a teenager. My pick is the Case. It's a little bit lighter than the others, and a bit faster too.

/ Which Loader/Backhoe? Turning Radius?
You're right. I should have mentioned the Case 580 as well. In fact, a 580 was what I was looking for originally - but good used ones are rare here and to tell the truth I wouldn't mind having something different for pure curiosity. Most of my buddies have 580s - one has a 590 - and they all swear by them. Fine machines. If that's what I end up finding it will be just fine.

A couple of weeks have passed since I made the rounds of the rental yards. Going to be in Denver tomorrow so I'll spend half a day doing that. Always a good time. Need to pick up a rock-sorting bucket skid steer bucket while I'm there anyway.
Thanks, rScotty

/ Which Loader/Backhoe? Turning Radius?
I'm still confused by the turning radius of these machines. Cat always lists about a 50% larger turning radius than the JD or Case. Obviously this makes more of a difference in tight landscaping work than in big construction. But I'm doing more landscaping type. Anyone have any comments on turning radius? Is 10 or 12 feet versus 16.5 noticible by anyone else?
thanks, rScotty