Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic?

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #11  
Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? This question is inspired by the "What Did I Purchase?" thread.

I like metal. Many of the plastic parts in tractors, especially newer ones, I'm picturing just a few years down the road, cracked and broken. It's one of the several priorities I felt when last shopping.

What do you think???
I think you should try and figure out which dealers are in your area and take a day to visit them all. You might find a plastic paneled machine that has so many other features that fit your needs it is worth it to go plastic.

Oh just make sure they actually have machines on the lots...

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #12  
I thought dents added character. Maybe I am wrong?

Funny. When my L4060 was brand new I was helping my now deceased Father unload some junk from a loft door about 8' up. He accidentally slid a giant baby carriage of all things down the loader arms straight into the hood. Several small dents resulted.

Now that he's gone, I think about him and smile every time I'm on the tractor!

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #13  
That's an excellent reason to shop for a metal hood tractor.

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #14  
They’re not “plastic” hoods, they’re “composite” hoods, OK fellas? Kinda like when “used” cars became known as “previously owned” cars.

All these tractor owners being straight shooters and calling things out for what they really are doesn’t make for good advertising LOL.

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic?
I think you should try and figure out which dealers are in your area and take a day to visit them all. You might find a plastic paneled machine that has so many other features that fit your needs it is worth it to go plastic.
Yes, this is basically what I did!

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #16  
My Bobcat has almost no plastic for body parts. Plastic only on control knobs, instrument panel, fuel tank.

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #18  
Yes, this is basically what I did!
Gotcha sorry I missed that in your original post. Deere plastic seems pretty sturdy...you can watch videos of people testing it. I am still unsure if they went this way truly because it resists denting and fading or if it was cheaper...but I hate plastic. I will never buy a tractor with plastic panels...just my personal opinion.

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #19  
This looks like a pain.

Easier to knock a dent out.

/ Which brands have more metal, and which brands have more plastic? #20  
I referenced a Kubota BX I owned and my current JD 2025r. The Kubota had the sides and front around the engine as one piece. Once this cracked, story over, it eventually fell apart. The JD has separate sides, that have some shape but are mostly flat, the front is a metal mesh type grill. The hood on both the Kubota and the JD are pretty sturdy. The rear fenders and area around the seat just seem more durable on the JD but time will tell.