which backhoe for l3430

/ which backhoe for l3430 #1  

mooch

I am thinking of getting a bh for my l3430. I went and looked at the bh75 and bh90 (i think they are the modesl, basically a 7.5 ft or 9 ft) Of course I want the bigger one, the price difference is not a concern. What concerns me is the size. The 9 ft seems almost too much for the tractor. the 7.5 ft seems better but maybe a bit small. Anyone have either and wish they had the other? If its a wash then Ill get the bigger one cuz bigger is always better.

/ which backhoe for l3430 #2  
We have an L3830, just about the same tractor with a little more HP. We ordered it with a Woods BH9000, which was very much like the Kubota BH90. It is a very good match. I would recommend that you get the BH90. We got an 18" bucket with it, which seems like a good compromise between too big and too small. Make sure you get it with a subframe mount, not a version of a 3PH mount. It's much stronger. Our dealer would have supplied us with the Woods or the Kubota hoe, but the Woods ran off the PTO with its own hydraulic system. I liked the idea of keeping the fluids separate.