Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck?

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #41  
Cool beans….

Of course fordie is meant to be demeaning, but it’s not to me. This is an internet forum where people hide behind user names. I take nothing on these sites personal. Just like few weeks ago some user thought he could rattle me. Zero. But it’s more of a character defining thing to me. I am probably a “fordie” to you being I have only driven a ford diesel pickup since 1997. Well over a million miles over many trucks. So I’ll offer that experience up to someone. The good and bad. I’d say I stick with certain products because I just know them. I know all of fords trims, configurations, and options and I know the price points to shoot for to buy. I would absolutely be lost ordering a gm or dodge/ram product. I know nothing of their trims or options. But I am disliking fords corporate politics so not sure if that will play into my next truck, which this year is my truck buying year I just realized…yay. My 2022 should hit 140k mid summer. Warranty is up at 150k. I don’t trust any $100k pickup out of warranty when relying on it for business.

Last edited:
   / Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #42  
The GMC dealers do get allotments as to how many of each model they can order. I sat down with the local dealer GM and ordered a 2024 GMC Yukon Denali 4X4 at the end of April, he got allotments on May 2. We were lucky he had an allotment where he could order the Yukon with the Duramax, sometimes it is just with gas motors. I have received 2 emails from GMC, one that the order was accepted and the second that production has been scheduled. It is scheduled to go down the assembly line at the end of May and then take up to 2 weeks for delivery to the dealer. The only item that I couldn't get on the order that I wanted was the heavy-duty floor mats, not available to order at this time. But I can get them thru parts, just at a higher cost.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #43  
Cool beans….

Of course fordie is meant to be demeaning, but it’s not to me. This is an internet forum where people hide behind user names. I take nothing on these sites personal. Just like few weeks ago some user thought he could rattle me. Zero. But it’s more of a character defining thing to me. I am probably a “fordie” to you being I have only driven a ford diesel pickup since 1997. Well over a million miles over many trucks. So I’ll offer that experience up to someone. The good and bad. I’d say I stick with certain products because I just know them. I know all of fords trims, configurations, and options and I know the price points to shoot for to buy. I would absolutely be lost ordering a gm or dodge/ram product. I know nothing of their trims or options. But I am disliking fords corporate politics so not sure if that will play into my next truck, which this year is my truck buying year I just realized…yay. My 2022 should hit 140k mid summer. Warranty is up at 150k. I don’t trust any $100k pickup out of warranty when relying on it for business.

Yeah when Ford went woke, they really lost cred with me. Plus Ram is so much more farmer-friendly.
Wonder if the OP has a farm? If he does, he will also qualify for it.

I really appreciated the “AG PAK” I got with my Ram. I bet Ag Pak saved me $5,000 already in the Eby aluminum body discount, the farm seed discount and the tire discounts. That’s $5,000 I wouldn’t have if I bought a F-550.

It was cheaper than a 550, towed more, gave more basic features, better financing and Ag Pak. That was a lot of reasons for this former fordie to go farmer-friendly Ram. ;)

If you want my name & phone number, just PM me and we can discuss. I don’t ”hide behind” anything.

Last edited:
   / Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #45  
The GMC dealers do get allotments as to how many of each model they can order. I sat down with the local dealer GM and ordered a 2024 GMC Yukon Denali 4X4 at the end of April, he got allotments on May 2. We were lucky he had an allotment where he could order the Yukon with the Duramax, sometimes it is just with gas motors. I have received 2 emails from GMC, one that the order was accepted and the second that production has been scheduled. It is scheduled to go down the assembly line at the end of May and then take up to 2 weeks for delivery to the dealer. The only item that I couldn't get on the order that I wanted was the heavy-duty floor mats, not available to order at this time. But I can get them thru parts, just at a higher cost.
are those floor mats better than weathertech or husky? Even fords good mats get thrown out and replaced with usually weathertech. Cant stand a mat that drains into carpet…or in my case the rubber mat. That’s another option ford has that i like, carpet delete for all trim levels. Of coarse it’s an upcharge but carpet in a work truck just sucks for me.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #46  
No one tows on the bumper anymore. That is just a term used to show non gooseneck/fifth wheel.

Receiver hitch is the term we hear most often in the PNW.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #47  
are those floor mats better than weathertech or husky? Even fords good mats get thrown out and replaced with usually weathertech. Cant stand a mat that drains into carpet…or in my case the rubber mat. That’s another option ford has that i like, carpet delete for all trim levels. Of coarse it’s an upcharge but carpet in a work truck just sucks for me.
The heavy-duty ones are comparable to Weathertech. I really wanted the one for the cargo area so I may buy that one and go with standard mats in the 1st and 2nd row. Will have to see what it looks like when it is delivered.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #48  
Receiver hitch is the term we hear most often in the PNW.
We call it bumper pull. Receiver hitch is at the bumper, not in the bed. Bumper pull. Never heard it called anything else, as far in type of hauling, mainly because actually pulling with the bumpers hasnt been a thing since the ‘70’s. We dont call the receiver hitch a bumper, of coarse.

call looking for a trailer…you ask for a goose neck or bumper pull. But its interesting to see the different lingo in places.

Last edited:
   / Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck?
After driving some I think the gmc and Chevy have better steering than the dodge. Still need to get in a ford.

/ Which 2024 diesel 10k gvwr truck? #50  
Not sure how you're set up, but given modern society, here's a thought.

Buy/lease all 3. Put them through their paces doing what you typically do. Film everything. Post those films up on you tube or some other streaming video option. Eventually, one or more of the OEMs will offer you a free one in exchange for your 'honest' opinion that theirs is the best truck. Divest yourself of the other 2 trucks. Continue making money hawking accessories and/or services for said truck.