Whew who!

/ Whew who! #1  

davesisk

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey-Ferguson MF 1220
Gotta go home and move 14 tons of screening (continuing the patio project). Hopefully, the delivery truck dumped it MY driveway and not someone else's!

Keep your fingers crossed that I don't break something else on the 1418 while doing this...

Dave

/ Whew who! #2  
Should take about 42 bucket loads /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.

Just a guess, let us know how it goes. And take before, during and after pictures. It makes the project take longer and your spouse will think you are working harder /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ Whew who!
He he...well, moved about 1/4 - 1/3 of it last night (with no breakdowns! Alright!). I'm covering 400 sq ft at about 6 inches deep. Two estimations led me to believe I'd need about 10 cubic yards, but it's looking to me like I'm going to only need about half that! Hmmmm, maybe it's sink down into the crush-n-run bottom layer after I tamp it? Anybody need some sand?

Dave

/ Whew who!
Alright! I screeded, leveled, and tamped all this sand today. Plus I moved the remaining 2/3 that was in the driveway. And the little tractor that could (no longer the damned ole tractor) didn't even break down!

You asked for 'em, you got 'em. I'll attach four photos, before and during...

First one attached to this post is the before shot (several weeks ago). When we bought this house a year ago, there was grass to the right of the deck (lots of it). Then came us with the dogs...

Dave

/ Whew who!
Re: Whew who! - before shot

Trying again...

Attachments

• 54-155382-Backyard_BeforePatio1.JPG
    54-155382-Backyard_BeforePatio1.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 141
   / Whew who!
Re: Whew who! - in progress shot 1

View from the left...

Attachments

• 54-155383-PatioInProgress1.JPG
    54-155383-PatioInProgress1.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 144
   / Whew who!
Re: Whew who! - in progress shot 2

View from the right...

Attachments

• 54-155384-PatioInProgess2.JPG
    54-155384-PatioInProgess2.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 132
   / Whew who!
Re: Whew who! - in progress shot 3

My other "tractor", the black-n-tan one...

Hya, mule! Screed that sand!

Attachments

• 54-155385-BlacknTanScreedMule.JPG
    54-155385-BlacknTanScreedMule.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 141
   / Whew who! #9  
WOW, what a difference. Looks great!

That last tractor looks like a real dog /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Whew who!
He he he...yup, finally talked my best friend into helping me out (yeah, right!).

Today, I finally got around to changing the hydraulic filter/bleeding the hydrostatic pump. I was going to install the fittings that I ordered from PT (there's just a hex plug now), but guess what: the fitting doesn't fit! However, I still changed the filter and bled it, just had to let the oil spurt into the engine compartment, not really another available choice.

I also squirted some grease into all the grease fittings and squirted a little 3-n-1 oil onto most of the other moving parts. I'm very pleased that I didn't have any breakdowns during this weekend, but I've still got some maintenance items to go: Getting the engine surge (governor/carb/whatever) resolved, getting the hydraulic cooler working, changing the engine oil (no filter on the Brigss) and getting the hour meter working. I also ran across the serial number while I was looking for grease fittings: PT1418 #158!

Dave