Oil & Fuel Where to put in oil CK 30 H

/ Where to put in oil CK 30 H #1  

JohnLoeffler

Tractor
Kioti CKI 30
OK I'm not a tractor mechanic. I'm two hours from my dealer. I want to change the engine oil. My two manuals (bought a shop manual along with the owners manual) show the filler hole on the left (from sitting on tractor). And I find a filler cap (grey cap). The dealer says to fill it in the organ colored rubber cap on the right. Where do I put my Rotella 15W-40 oil? As a side light, the dealer also says I may use "universal tractor J-20C for the Hydraulic, Transmission and front axle.

/ Where to put in oil CK 30 H #2  
My Ck30hst is a 2004 model and doesn't have the right side orange cap. I have to fill mine from the grey filler cap on top of the valve cover. If you do it this way, just fill it slow. 8 oil changes with no problem. The later models also had the orange filler cap to the rear of the injection pump on the right side of the engine. From here the oil just goes straight into the oil pan.

You can use that hydraulic oil if you want. Members have had good operation with Tractor Supply Center "Premium Hydraulic Fluid". All the hydraulic fluid is what is called "from a common sump". Meaning it comes from one place in the tractor for the hydraulics, transmission, wet brakes, and differential gears. Here's a Kioti list that was posted by another member a while back.View attachment Lubricants-Chart-2012-07-20.pdf If it says "error", it still works.

Kioti ships all their tractors with hydraulic oil in the front axle. They also reccommend an 80w-90 gear oil. Members have debated this and it seems to each their own.

/ Where to put in oil CK 30 H #3  
On my DK 35, it has both. It was made clear to me to use the orange side port. The top grey port makes the oil travel through some small drain passages to get to crankcase. If you pour too fast, it can back up through the breather tube from exhaust side. Even filling via the side port, you must take your time.

/ Where to put in oil CK 30 H #4  
I use the orange rubber plug by the injector pump. It says OIL on it.

/ Where to put in oil CK 30 H #5  
Yeah, my CK27 owner's manual shows the filler on the left. Took me a long time to find it over on the right side of the engine! :laughing:

/ Where to put in oil CK 30 H #6  
Ha!.. mine is on the "other" left side too.
My understanding is that if there is orange paint on a fill plug, that is where the fluid goes.

/ Where to put in oil CK 30 H #7  
So the oil fill is the same on my DK45 ? At my 50 hour service I filled it through the top on the valve cover. I have an orange rubber cap by my injection pump but it doesn't say OIL on it anywhere. I've gone through my manual several times and no mention of it there either.

Last edited: