where to purchase "O" rings

/ where to purchase "O" rings #1  

nybirdman

Tractor
Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT
I blew an "O" ring on my hydraulic thumb,couldn't find the right one local.
Where can I purchase over the net.?
Snap Tite(female) 1/2" B72C

/ where to purchase "O" rings #3  
Most dealers and hardware stores and you can buy kits of them pretty reasonable at farm stores. Yours sound like a standard hydraulic O ring common at any farm store or dealer.

/ where to purchase "O" rings #4  
Around here I've bought them from both the hardware store and automotive supplier....

/ where to purchase "O" rings #5  
How do you replace the o rings on a front end loader and tractor remote? Any special tools needed?

/ where to purchase "O" rings #6  
Although some people suggest to go to the local hardware store, you might get lucky and find a perfect fit.

Some people also think close enough is good enough. Maybe.

It would be better to try and obtain the manufacturers parts first.

Not all loader valves or remote valves use o-rings, some are just a precision fit.

If you take the time to look at the many different o-ring kits that RobertBrown posted above, you will see there are many different manufactures and type, and sizes available.

Trying to measure a swollen damage o-ring is not easy.

/ where to purchase "O" rings #7  
Although some people suggest to go to the local hardware store, you might get lucky and find a perfect fit.

Some people also think close enough is good enough. Maybe.

It would be better to try and obtain the manufacturers parts first.

I disagree.

These arent aerospace machines useing super-uber O-rings. they are tractors useing common hydrualic parts built for the lowest cost possible. = plain jane standard common o-rings

Go to the local hardware store and find one that fits for 30 cents. on the off chance that it is some super odd size you can always fall back to a manufacture version. but I dont know anyone that wants to wait 3-5 days for a $8 O-ring when you could have a 30 cent one installed an hr later and back working.

/ where to purchase "O" rings #8  
Yes. there is nothing one can say about what one can do to his own tractor.

I just hope the tractor or hyd shop don't go to HD or Lowes to shop for o-rings and then charge me the $8 price.

/ where to purchase "O" rings
I am the OP,I spent a whole(rain) day on the inter-net and phone trying to find an "o" ring or the size of the "o" ring needed.1/2 in.QD's are suppose to be ISO compliant...Contacted Snaptite,Foster,Parker ect.,dealers,distributors ect.NO-ONE had and o-ring or knew the size.Auto parts stores didn't have the correct one.My Kubota dealer couldn't even help me!
I finally found a Mom-Pop old time dealer that matched up my o ring in about 15 minutes of going thru their inventory.
Every-one wanted to sell me a new QD,crazy for a 50 cent O ring.
There are lots of places on the net selling "o" rings ,if you know the correct size.Like JJ said try and measure a wrecked "o" ring some time.I do own a digital caliper and know how to use it.