Where to get tires...

/ Where to get tires... #1  

9973720wb19

Platinum Member
Tractor
Many
I have a mower (JD 1600 WAM) and want to get more agressive tires for better traction and with stronger sidewalls than the standard turf tires. I found a set of nice Garlisle tires for the front that are 8 ply (it's a heavy machine) and really strong for hitting those groundhog holes...and I'd like to get some of the same for the rear tires, but can't find any 6-8 ply agressive tires in the size of 18x9.50-8. anyone know where to get a beefy tire in this size?

/ Where to get tires... #3  
nevermind, after getting over my idiocy and re-reading your post I see that you want 6-8 ply tires. I guess I was just thinking aggressive. Those are probably not what you want

/ Where to get tires...
nevermind, after getting over my idiocy and re-reading your post I see that you want 6-8 ply tires. I guess I was just thinking aggressive. Those are probably not what you want

will it helped a bit; I've seen these but only in 2 ply, the 4 ply might be an option, I'd need to talk to my dealer. these are the exact ones on the front and come in 8 ply but i guess since the back wheels are small they may not come in anything over 4 ply - my only consern is weight. Many thanks