where to get Donaldson filter?

/ where to get Donaldson filter? #1  

Mackinac Joe

Tractor
JD 2320
Sorry for the newbie question, but where can I pick up a Donaldson P164381 hydraulic filter?

I'm in the middle of the hydro oil change for the JD 2320 and I find out that my JD "Filter Pak" does not even include this hydro filter.

Do any auto parts stores stock such a filter?

Thanks,

Joe

/ where to get Donaldson filter? #2  
Sure they do. They may to have cross reference it to a Wix or fleet but they'll have it or be able to get it for you. Try a traditional (read- REAL parts house) instead of Autozone/O'reileys/Checkers types. While Napa is sorta like the big boys it still has down home roots and is there for mechanics, they would be a good choice to look into.

/ where to get Donaldson filter?
KennethBrown,

Thanks. We've got a NAPA in town. I should be able to stop by tomorrow.

I'm sure there are lots of opinions on filters, but in your opinion, are there any brands to stay away from? I've learned that Fram has a match for my Donaldson filter.

Joe

/ where to get Donaldson filter? #4  
Fram filters are really pretty poor. They do have a great marketing department.

/ where to get Donaldson filter? #5  
IMO you will find it hard to beat your Donaldsons. Wix and Fleetgard will run with them too. Use the Fram as a doorstop. You can use the Fram number to do your crossreference work if their changeover book doesn't list a Donaldson but don't buy the Fram unless you have no other choice at the immediate time.

/ where to get Donaldson filter?
Guys, thanks for all your help finding the right filter, etc.

I ended up visiting the local NAPA for the first time, and you're right, they were great help. They had a better match for my Donaldson filter and seemed to know what they were talking about (and what I was talking about).

My JD dealer also made good on my Filter Pak's failure to include a hydraulic filter.

I was glad to get the 50-hr. service done -- we've had two big snows since then, and it's coming down again now.

Joe

/ where to get Donaldson filter? #7  
I hear you. Up here in the thumb of MI it looks like Monday will be a busy plow day on a 300' driveway!!

/ where to get Donaldson filter? #8  
Just to mention, Oreilly's stocks Wix filters.

Yes, I do work for them.