Backhoe Where to find BX22 backhoe attachment?

/ Where to find BX22 backhoe attachment? #1  

mpenning

Tractor
Kubota BX1800
Hi - I hope this appropriate for the attachment forum, but I have a BX22 w/o backhoe, and am having a hard time locating one. Any ideas on where to look?

I've seen plenty of the aftermarket variety BTW, but am kind of hoping for an original (seems more compact, would match up nicely, etc). But if anyone has thoughts on original vs aftermarket I would be interested.

/ Where to find BX22 backhoe attachment? #2  
Craig's list. Or maybe Equipment Trader.com

/ Where to find BX22 backhoe attachment?
Craig's list. Or maybe Equipment Trader.com

Thanks - I've checked those (and eBay) but no luck so far. Maybe they are just hard to find. I did find one on eBay, but it was across the country. I'll keep looking.

/ Where to find BX22 backhoe attachment? #4  
Hey thanks for the links, more around that I thought. I didn't realize people used FB marketplace that much.

What did you mean by "Not the best venture money wise for a unit not factory equipped with subframe" - are BX22s not stout enough to take a backhoe, even though they were sold together?

/ Where to find BX22 backhoe attachment? #6  
Yes a lot of stuff on FB marketplace and easy to search.

Oh they are definetly heavy enough but the subframes required for backhoe are installed at the factory during assembly.

I'm not an expert but when I shopped Kubota TLB's the backhoe option had to be a factory installed, they would not offer any option for a dealer install later.

It can definitely be done.

So are you looking to install on a BX22 on a non backhoe model?

Okay, I see. I had always assumed it is a backhoe model, because it has hooks on the back that look like they are for attaching something, and it has the turn-around seat. I bought it used so I'm not 100% sure ... might have to ask a dealer to check the model for me.

/ Where to find BX22 backhoe attachment? #8  
Hey thanks for the links, more around that I thought. I didn't realize people used FB marketplace that much.

What did you mean by "Not the best venture money wise for a unit not factory equipped with subframe" - are BX22s not stout enough to take a backhoe, even though they were sold together?

I had a BX22 ..bought it new. The BH was strong enough to throw the tractor around when digging. .. never had any problems with it .

/ Where to find BX22 backhoe attachment? #9  
Okay, I see. I had always assumed it is a backhoe model, because it has hooks on the back that look like they are for attaching something, and it has the turn-around seat. I bought it used so I'm not 100% sure ... might have to ask a dealer to check the model for me.

Oh okay it sounds like it is then. Share a pic here and the experts can chime in.