where to buy this type overhead barn door?

/ where to buy this type overhead barn door? #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
Doesn't have to be wood but I like the look of these. What I'm hoping to do is paint it similar to the red door. Barn is wood but I was planning on metal doors. I could go wood too though. Building is 70x40x12. Garage doors will be (2) 14x10's in front and (1) 10x10 in rear of building. Building will have a 12' shed on right side with a loft upstairs.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 24x36_Newport_Tolland_MA_6-0.jpg
    24x36_Newport_Tolland_MA_6-0.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 264
  • trad_dutch_barn-0.jpg
    trad_dutch_barn-0.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 147
   / where to buy this type overhead barn door? #2  
My local commercial overhead door place has a display of doors of this type. Overhead Doors Inc Raleigh NC.

/ where to buy this type overhead barn door? #3  
You can google "carriage garage doors".

/ where to buy this type overhead barn door? #4  
large swing out doors. i think ya nutz. a little bit of wind grabs a hold of them, and they are more likely ripped from your hands. due to larger size of door, it also means any small defect in how square they are. = bottom edge of door grabbing and sliding along the ground making them even harder to open. and if they are slightly off square, you may not be able to physically lift and jamb and body slam the doors to close them.

there be a reason, why folks use sliding doors (move left or to the right) to open much like a sliding glass door on a home. and/or using roll up doors. they are so much easier to open, and they stay open, and do not take a large amount of room out in front of them to keep them open. and if they get a little bit out of whack, it is fairly easy to re=adjust tracks or like to get things aligned back up.

having double doors on a house vs a sliding glass door. ya ok, i will bite, it is fairly easy to man handle swing out door, every house out there have swing out doors, and majority of all business do as well. but as soon as you go up in size "shakes head no"

===========
search for "metal shed manufactures" or "metal barn manufacturers" all of them normally sell some sort of large door systems, and more likely a variety / types of doors. they will also most likely have some sort of color patterns to pick from. along with different type of lock setups.

"morton buildings" comes to mind as one metal shed company, that should have a wide range to pick from, i would suggest calling them directly. vs relying on website, and see what they could do for ya.

/ where to buy this type overhead barn door? #5  
I think is asking about overhead doors. One disadvantage to some sliding doors is that they can let birds get in a barn whereas an overhead door will not.

/ where to buy this type overhead barn door? #6  
My sister just special ordered something similar from Menards.

/ where to buy this type overhead barn door?
I think is asking about overhead doors. One disadvantage to some sliding doors is that they can let birds get in a barn whereas an overhead door will not.

That's right. I thought the subject was self explanatory. Overhead door!

My local commercial overhead door place has a display of doors of this type. Overhead Doors Inc Raleigh NC.

Will look them up and thanks for the info. Seems some are just crazy expensive so figured someone made this style at a reasonable price. I figured they would be more than standard white door but 2 I've found so far are like $6-9k each. That's just silly.

/ where to buy this type overhead barn door? #9  
Use lightweight pine and add it to the panels yourself?

Use lightweight pine and add it to the panels yourself?

Now that's a idea. Who makes reasonable priced overhead wood doors? Or is that not to be found. Lol

From the early post by someone I will call the company out of Raleigh to discuss. By the name of the product line of their website they look expensive though.