Spreader Where to buy Herd Spreader near me?

/ Where to buy Herd Spreader near me? #1  

kingofbytes

Bronze Member
Hi Folks!

I am in the zip code 03801 (Portsmouth NH). I am having a hard time locating a HERD dealer as I am interested in the 750S Sand Spreader. I've contact the company, but haven't heard back. Any thoughts in the NH or Maine or Massachusetts area for a HERD dealer?

Thanks!

/ Where to buy Herd Spreader near me? #2  
Hi Folks!

I am in the zip code 03801 (Portsmouth NH). I am having a hard time locating a HERD dealer as I am interested in the 750S Sand Spreader. I've contact the company, but haven't heard back. Any thoughts in the NH or Maine or Massachusetts area for a HERD dealer?

Thanks!

Huh! That's surprising. I emailed them about some parts I needed and couldn't be more satisified with their customer follow up.

Which one you got your eye on? I have the little M-96 and I just ordered the spring lid and couldn't be happier. :)

/ Where to buy Herd Spreader near me?
OK, I've heard back from the Herd co. They are claiming that there are 4 dealers in my area. I know of the 4 dealers and not one stocks anything Herd or even has pamphlets or signage stating that they sell the products.

Specifically I'm looking for someone who stocks Herd product even if it's not the model I'm looking for. Basically, I want to work with a good dealer....not someone who's signed up to sell product, but actually does sell Herd product.

So if someone knows of a "real" Herd dealer in the NH, ME or MA area, please let me know whom they are. Thanks!

/ Where to buy Herd Spreader near me? #5  
You want a new one or will a used one do?

I have one in Plymouth NH.

Edit, never mind, it is a 5.5

Last edited:
@ Dead Horse

Is this the 750"S" model or just the 750? Condition matters :>) Email me offline:

dplema @ comcast . net

no spaces

@LoneCowboy

And pay MSRP with little to no support? :confused: No thanks! :)

/ Where to buy Herd Spreader near me? #8  
@LoneCowboy

And pay MSRP with little to no support? :confused: No thanks! :)

Don't bet on that...

I priced a Herd M96 last year at my local JD dealer for $641.00! I almost fainted in the showroom.

So I emailed Herd directly and got this response:

Dear Ken,

If you would buy the seeder directly from us, the cost of the seeder would be $441.00 and the UPS shipping would be approximately $55.00. Most dealers will give you a discount, but I can see that your dealer is quite pricey. I don't understand why he is charging so much, as he gets a discount from us.

If you want to purchase the seeder through us, just call us on our toll free line, 866-753-6311 and we'll be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you

Yup, they (dealer) added $200 to the MSRP price, plus tax!

/ Where to buy Herd Spreader near me? #9  
Well the sanders are considerably more than the seeders.......

I use my 5.5 to sand a half mile long driveway. A full load, wide open will juuuuuuuuuuust make it.

To the OP, the Herd sanders hold up well and the hopper is lined with rivited on slabs of poly. IF you can find a used one near you, it will be a TON cheaper than a new one. The only thing to look for is; make sure the sand gate is operative and not frozen in place. That aspect of the Herd is poorly designed in my opinion. WAY too susceptable to corrosion. I looked at the MSRP for them this after noon....... they get STUPID money for new ones.

Mine is the 5.5, one size down from the one you want (the 750). Prolly not a good idea for me to part with it anyway......:eek: