Where Oh Where Do The OP's Go?

/ Where Oh Where Do The OP's Go? #1  

Fxfymn413

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota 4060; Kubota BX2660
Am I the only one who gets frustrated when some one puts a post out there looking for help with a break down or other mechanical issue, gets replies, and then is never heard from again?

To me a big part of my knowledge base comes from hearing about someone's issue and then finding out what the problem and solution was. When the OP never lets everyone know what fixed the issue none of us gets to gain that knowledge.

/ Where Oh Where Do The OP's Go? #2  
I agree. You would think they would have the courtesy to tell us if a fix worked or didn't. Also posts about a bad neighbor or trespassing that appears to be on the brink of shots fired. Never to be heard from again. Maybe the shots really were fired (at the OP)?

/ Where Oh Where Do The OP's Go? #3  
This is absolutely not a disparaging remark but I would guess a lot of them are older and it’s a big deal for them them to post once let alone interact on forums. Then there’s the minority of first time young guys that are probably embarrassed at their lack of knowledge. Again not disparaging, just what comes to my mind. It is annoying but I still get a lot of trouble shooting pointers from contributors even if the OP never comes back so it’s still a win.

/ Where Oh Where Do The OP's Go? #4  
Am I the only one who gets frustrated when some one puts a post out there looking for help with a break down or other mechanical issue, gets replies, and then is never heard from again?

To me a big part of my knowledge base comes from hearing about someone's issue and then finding out what the problem and solution was. When the OP never lets everyone know what fixed the issue none of us gets to gain that knowledge.
Some folks are not as addicted as we are to this website. :ROFLMAO:

/ Where Oh Where Do The OP's Go? #5  
Often they get online to do a search for a problem which brings them to this site, among others. Most likely they join several sites, post their question on each one and go away when they get their answer... often from their neighbor or a tractor dealer.

/ Where Oh Where Do The OP's Go? #6  
I agree totally. Posting how others have helped you, or how you resolved, or failed to resolve your issue is important - that is how you help others and how you acknowledge how others helped you. That is what makes the forum so useful and satisfying.

/ Where Oh Where Do The OP's Go? #7  

You are not alone in expecting op to follow up. As for excuses like being old or embarrassed, well la,,d da,,, many of us are old and lost count how many times we've been embarrassed but still take time to help.
The problem isn't a generational or regional thing,it has been around since humans appeard. It's outward evidence of inner traits such as selfishness ,greed,inconsideration,being a weseal, a head full of vanity and me me me me me

/ Where Oh Where Do The OP's Go? #8  
Some folks are not as addicted as we are to this website. :ROFLMAO:
Quite true...they have a question, get responses (that, hopefully, answers their question) and move on...
Not tractor guys, like most of us, and have little interest in joining the community

/ Where Oh Where Do The OP's Go? #9  
You are not alone in expecting op to follow up. As for excuses like being old or embarrassed, well la,,d da,,, many of us are old and lost count how many times we've been embarrassed but still take time to help.
The problem isn't a generational or regional thing, it has been around since humans appeared. It's outward evidence of inner traits such as selfishness ,greed, inconsideration, being a weasel, a head full of vanity and me me me me me
I think you're over-analyzing

/ Where Oh Where Do The OP's Go? #10  
Easy fix , start a thread with a list of their handles here And ignore them second time around . Like people that borrow your tools and you have to remind them they never returned them. 😎 etc ....